Tuesday, May 31, 2005
Friday - the recap
Lemmesee... So, yeah, Friday. Friday was Ruthie's graduation! It so rocked. The things I felt sitting there watching my sister accept her diploma and graduate. So much pride. I am so proud of her, for the fact that she stuck with it when it was so easy to just give up. She looked beautiful, of course that could be because she is beautiful... pictures? why of course! this one is my favorite, I wish the quality was better
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
So, we leave graduation and head to The River Walk. Which is San Antonio's big tourist trap attraction. We ended up eating at the Hyatt (where my uncle, aunt, and grandmother were staying) after wandering up and down the River Walk with the other out-of-towners.

We all sit down at three combined tables and more or less have the place to ourselves since it was after ten. I am helping my daughters decide what they would like and situate their napkins in the lap, reminding them to use their manners and behave... so you can imagine my shock when I discovered that, on the other end of the table, my mother, aunt, brother, and uncle were having a spit-ball fight! In the HYATT! OMFG. My daughters, who are seven and eight, are just staring in disbelief, utter and complete disbelief - of course, I was as well.
sheesh, lol
Amanda asked my what they were doing and my uncle looks at me and then her and then tells her to come on down to his end of the table and he would show her how and (bless her heart) she declined. She may have been more into it had she not been so tired. My uncle asked what time they went to bed normally and when I answered 8:30, he just kind of stared at me... then he asked 'every night?' Instead of an appreciation for my parenting, I get astonishment .
It's strange how much your family changes as you age. Really, they don't change at all, rather your view of them and how much they let you see changes. Last year, there was a feud of sorts between my aunts and I got copied on a lot of emails. I was sitting here, at my desk, reading them, shocked. Growing up, these people were the epitome of 'mature' and I was to aspire to be them... and now I have been allowed to see behind the curtain, accepted into their club. I am constantly astounded by how they aren't intimidating any more, how it is all rather façade like, being an adult. So much of a front. Since I have landed into the role of being a 'grown up', I am constantly shocked by how strange it is, how different it is compared to how I expected it to be. As a child, I idolized adulthood. Now that I am here, I enjoy it but I am always surprised at how different it is compared to how I thought it would be. But I digress...

So, the spit-ball fight in the Hyatt continued until our food was served. Afterwards, the girls and I rode the elevator up to the top floor and the looked down at my family in the restaurant -shudder- from the walk way.
It was very late when I got home and I was so far past tired that I literally just passed smooth out. I let Noah go to Fairy's to pick Triniti up and the girls were asleep before we ever even got home. Plus, I had to be up at the ass crack of dawn the next day for my craft show :)
More to come...
~Kate


so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 7:45 AM
| link to this post | 0 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer