Monday, October 10, 2005
Trin vs. The Potty
You may remember that, many posts ago, I mentioned that it was time to get Trin potty trained. I certainly had my work cut out for me since the conversations I was having with her went like this:
"Trin? Do you need to go potty?"
"Noooooooooooooooo!"
I bought her one of those musical potty chairs. So, if she felt inclined to pee in it, it would play a little congratulatory song for her and she could be all proud of herself. See how nice I am? But, you see, she didn't know it would do this, so I had to show her. Seeing as how I am too big to pee in her potty (and thankfully have more sense than that), I poured a little water into it for her so she could her the aforementioned song. And I was right in my assumption that she would like it. What I hadn't foreseen (shockingly) was that she would follow my lead and continuously pour water into it to hear the song as opposed to actually peeing in it. After cleaning up the bathroom floor numerous times, I forbade her to ever again pour water into her potty. She gave me this lovely little look that basically said Ha-ha Mommy, see how you lost? And I did. I saw exactly how I had been outsmarted by my three year old daughter.
Potty ~ 0
Triniti ~ 1

During this time, I had learned that it wasn't a matter of putting water into the potty since it wasn't a wetness sensor, but rather a motion sensor. So, I didn't need to pour water or another fluid into the potty to get the song, I only had to move my hand in front of it and it would play the little song. So, back to the potty we go. I move my hand in front of the little sensor and then explain to my daughter that if she goes pee in the potty, it will play that little song for her! Isn't that exciting Trin? She, being smart, realized why pee in it, when I can just move my hand in front of the potty? And she was right. So, I would put her in the bathroom to do her business and then come and check on her a few minutes later when I started hearing the song and she would have several toys in the potty chair compartment that her pee should have been in. She'd be sitting in the ground putting toys into her potty and clapping when the song came on for them.
Potty ~ 0
Triniti ~ 2

Triniti is a little tall for her age... which is surprising since her father is only like five-ten and I am only five-five... Neither of our parents are abnormally tall... Anyway, with her being a little taller than average, I realized that she has outgrown this little musical potty and since she wasn't using it anyway, I gave it away. I thought that it would be great to just lead by example. I mean, why would she want to go potty on something when no one else does right? So, I bought her one of those soft kid tops that go on top of the regular lid. This one has Dora The Explorer on it and it says "Let's go!" and "vamanos!" all over it. (Maybe that's too much pressure?) And she likes it. But you know what she likes more? She likes to go into the bathroom when one of her sisters is... doing her business and say "Go pee-pee in the potty!" This causes whichever sister is on the potty to make that right now?? face and get up so Trin can go. She then gets the little Dora lid and climbs on and sits there while her sister stands off to the side waiting to finish. I know what you are thinking right now. "She's evil." Right? Yeah, I thought so. We are kind of starting to agree. Anyway she will sit on the big potty and she had pooped in it one time! But, she won't go pee in it. She still pees in her panties.
Potty ~ o
Triniti ~ 3
The ladies at daycare have been helping me with my potty training of my daughter since I am apparently inept she spends more waking hours there than at home during the week. I bring her to daycare in the morning with a diaper on (because I don't want her to pee in the car on the way) and they change her into panties at 8am. They then take her to the bathroom every thirty minutes. And do you want to know how many times she has peed in the potty? Maybe three. And this has been going on for months! She either doesn't go all day or she pees when they put the diaper on her at naptime or she just wets her pants. At first they were all supportive and trying to keep me in high spirits, now I am pretty sure when they say "she'll get it soon!" that they are just being condescending in their pity. As soon as I walk outside they probably laugh maniacally and call me a loser. "It's no wonder she hasn't landed a man, she can't even potty train her three year old!" and then they laugh until they have to dab the tears off of their eyes.
Potty ~ 0
Triniti ~ 4
My love life ~
-64,146
The fucked up thing is that Amanda and Emilee were cake to potty train. It probably had a lot to do with my being around full time when they were little. But still, they understood the concept or possessed the bladder control or didn't get off quite as much as Trin when it comes to torturing me. I mean, I am not pushing her, I am just encouraging her. I know that all kids learn things at different rates and apparently Trin has decided to put off learning to control her bladder in lieu of memorizing every word in every Dora the Explorer episode. And that's cool, you know? She is prioritizing, and I am all about prioritizing. I just want her to have this whole using-the-toilet thing down before she has to start kindergarten. She is the only three year old still in the two year old class for crying out loud (they won't move her up until she starts using the potty). And considering that she is so tall, she looks way out of place :) I am just trying to avoid my daughter ever having to ride the short bus...
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 12:10 AM
| link to this post | 2 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer