Thursday, January 25, 2007
regularly scheduled idiocy
For a very long time now (over two years) this little page has been my outlet. It's been the place where I came and poured my heart out to whomever may feel inclined to read my words.
I've always written.
I've always had a journal or a notebook or a binder full of poetry and story ideas. Writing is a part of me, of who I am and who I will forever be. It's the one thing I can do mindlessly. I can sit here with my eyes closed and type blindly and everything inside comes out. Every bit of feeling and honesty drips onto the page before you.
I can muster up exactly how I felt that day that my first daughter was born, the way the air smelled the day I left her father, the way my pillow felt when I cried in my room while my parents fought, the dark sky the night I talked on the phone on my porch until 4am. I can remember all of those things by just closing my eyes and writing them.
But I can also take all of those seemingly minute details and spin them into something new. A world not my own with goings on that are purely imagination. I can take that characteristic that one friend has and mesh it with three other characteristics from three other friends and make it a person. A person who is very real to me. A person who doesn't exist and yet who I manage to care about nonetheless.
So when I do that, that thing where I write about something not real, it feels very real to me.
Where is all of this going? Why am I telling you all of this?
Well by means of explanation of my absence.
Every time I have sat down to write here, every time I have even thought about sitting down to write here, it has been my inclination to take a very real person, a person who I care about so much, and put them into fantasy.
I don't necessarily mean to. But just as all of us can't help who we love, I can't help what I write. I write when inspired and that is where my inspiration has been coming from.
So I have a few posts and many drafts, all the same genre. All of what I wish were happening.
And that isn't' so bad.
I've done that before.
But now, I can't seem to stop.
I want to spend more time there, in that place that isn't real with that person who is, than I want to spend here.
I was to cast aside my reality for my fantasy and my indulgence has become to great.
So, while I haven't been blocked, like I usually am when you see days pass here without my thoughts, I haven't been able to write.
I have had to stop writing because I only want to write about one thing.
One dangerous indulgence that is causing me to spend more time in my mind than I do in reality.
So much so that I had hit the point of practically forsaking reality for my imagination. I was literally allowing my imagination to run away with me and when I realized it, I had to stop.
I believe that is considered obsessing.
Which I believe is one of the signs that you are letting The Crazy win.
Can't have that :)
So, I took a break, albeit a long one and I now think I feel better, saner.
So, I am trying again.
Trying to inundate you with absolutely useless dribble for your reading enjoyment.
You know, should there be any of you left to inundate :)
So, please forgive me for bailing on you. I will try now to resume your regularly scheduled idiocy.
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 8:47 AM
| link to this post | 1 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer