Thursday, January 13, 2005
Twelve unscheduled hours...
Maybe I am mean, but when Emilee told me she didn't feel well this morning, I made her get up and get dressed and damn near put her on the bus. But, then she looked at me with those big ass blue eyes all sad and pathetic and said in her best Oscar Winning voice "but mommy, I don't feel good" -insert trembling lower lip here as well as some eye misting-... That was it, two minutes later, I am calling in sick. I LOATHE calling in sick. I think I may have done it a total of three times since I started working there and not one of those times was it because *I* was sick.
So I call my boss on his cell (at 6:50am mind you) and get his voice mail. I page him. I call my co-worker and wake her up (she just *loves* that too BTW... I know because I do it often to many ppl and they all *love* it, lol muuuuwaaaahaha), she dutifully agrees to go in two hours early to cover for me. I tell her I will go ahead and go in and take Emilee with me until she or our boss gets there. I am in and out of the shower in 5 minutes and my boss calls and says to go ahead and take the day off.

And that's where it all went to hell. Those four words... Take the day off.... Well, sure... but how? Why? What does one do with an entire day off? I mean I am already awake, so sleeping in is out of the question... Having a sick kid at home sort of nixes any kind of running around, so errands and goofing off are out of the question as well... I mean, come on, we are talking 12 hours here folks, twelve! That is a heck of a lot of unscheduled time!
For those of you readers who don't know me well, then you haven't been made privy to my insane addiction to scheduling things. Ok, so not just things, but everything and anything... I schedule my day from sun-up to sun-down, thus leading to my week and month being scheduled. I schedule things MONTHS in advance. I am a planner by nature. I like tidy little lists of organized events, preset and prearranged and hassle-free. I balance my checkbook meticulously and know what we are eating for dinner three weeks from Tuesday. So, twelve unplanned hours is a catastrophe on my planet.
Well, I did what any other (clearly) crazy person does with twelve unscheduled hours, I cleaned... and cleaned... and cleaned... and cleaned some more. With the little voice in the back of my head saying "hey!!! we are supposed to be doing all of this on Saturday!!! Stop, you are messing up my schedule!"

Oh, and in case you were wondering.. Emilee was fine by 8:45am... In fact she asked me to take her to school at 9:30. I told her no. If she was gonna screw up my schedule, then by golly, I was gonna screw up hers :P

~Kate

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 4:50 PM
| link to this post | 1 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer