Friday, April 01, 2005
History lesson #2 (part two)
Fast forward eighteen months. We are living in a beach house on Padre. My mother is very pregnant. I have no idea what the circumstances were leading up to this memory, but all I remember is seeing my father strangling my mother while she was sitting in a chair at least eight months pregnant. I wasn't looking at her, but rather the chair. I just stared at this chair, I couldn't believe it was supporting the weight of my mom and her big belly and my dad using all of that force on her. Then the chair broke, probably saving my mother's life.
Fast forward a few months to the birth of my sister. My mother had decided to have her at home. I woke up very early in the morning, probably about six, to my mom screaming in the other room. My brother was awake as well, he was almost four at the time. We both poke our heads out into the other room and are immediately ushered back into our rooms by a friend of my mom's who was there to help. My father was also there. We stayed in our room and I was scared. I was scared for my mom who was obviously hurt as she was screaming. I had no idea what was going on, no understanding of the situation. The next thing I knew, someone came in to tell us that our mom was being taken to the hospital in an ambulance. I freaked out and ran outside. They had my mother on a stretcher and were taking her down thestairs. I was crying, I was scared. She smiled at me and hugged me and told me everything was fine and that they (her and my new baby sister) would be back soon.
Flash forward six months. I am holding my sister and she is screaming and crying. I am trying to calm her down but she is thrashing about and crying. My mother and father standing ten feet away from me screaming at each other, I am trying to make them stop and trying to get my sister to stop crying. She grabs my shoulder and pops a blister I had there from a sunburn I had the week before.
Flash forward eight months, I am living in North Carolina with my father and my brother. My mother and sister are back on the coast of Texas. My mom said she just needed some time to get everything in order and then we could come back. My dad has told me several times how to turn the heat on when we get home, but I can't remember and I am scared that I will turn on the wrong thing and mess everything up and he will yell at me again. I go next door and ask for help. The neighbor comes over and turns the heat on. When my dad gets home he is mad, really mad. He slaps me across the face when I try and explain what happened. He tells me not to go over there any more because we aren't supposed to be home by ourselves.
Flash forward three months. I am riding my bike up the hill near my home. All the other kids ride up that hill so I can too. I am half way up when my bike starts to go backwards. I fall down and my arm gets stuck in the chain, it breaks. My brother runs over when I am crying and screaming. I tell him to go get mom but he won't. He won't leave me, he is scared to leave me there alone. I tell him to go, to please go, and he finally does. That ride to the hospital was probably one of the more painful things I experienced as a child.

continued...

Labels:

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 7:15 AM
| link to this post | 0 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer