Tuesday, May 31, 2005
The weekend - recap (numero dos)
Other Vendors
We were so lucky. We were right next to this band... On their card it says "Victor Murillo, Classic Guitar, Latin Jazz, South American Music" God, these guys were awesome. Absolutely fucking great. The music was all mellow and soothing and fucking cool.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
They were playing instruments I haven't ever seen before. If you live around here and are hosting ANY event soon, email this guy at
andino2@hotmail.com. It doesn't matter what you are doing, the music is an attraction all by itself. They were playing headliners as well as their own music and it made the ambiance so appealing. My favorite thing that they used was the Siku. There were small ones that he could strap on with one of those things used to hold harmonicas on and then there were some as tall as he was.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There was also the cooler guy: Rustic Furniture by Joe. Joe banked. Joe was also very nice and helped us with our canopy on Saturday morning. See, when you are doing a craft show, you want to be next to cool people because the cooler their wares are, the more people they attract and therefore the more people see your stuff. Joe had some cool shit. He made these cedar trunk/chest things. They had drains on the bottom and a Styrofoam cooler in them. The crowds that these things attracted were insane. And I learned something. There are two types of people in the world. There are those that say 'cooler' and those that say 'ice chest'. Anyway, like I said, Joe banked. He sold every single one he brought and all the ones he made while there, something like twenty-five of them at a hundred twenty nine a pop. Lucky fucker. Can't fault him though, they were very cool. He was ordering more Styrofoam cooler thingies on Sunday.
Rustic Furniture by Joe
Want one? Call him :) 361-726-9291 That black dot thing on the top right, off to the side of the Texas? Yeah, it's a bottle opener.

I'm telling you right now, if you can design and maintain websites at all then you should hit craft fairs. Some of these people have the coolest shit. Half of them don't have cards and none of them have websites!! Can you believe that? Joe could be making a fortune if he was on ebay or had his own site where people could order his ice chest/coolers! And the dudes in the band? They should have some mp3s on a website for downloading! Get the word out, you know? There was a lady selling these cool spinner metal things and they were so way beyond cool. The lady selling them had neither cards nor a website.

The picture doesn't even begin to do it justice. When it spins, it looks round. It's very cool and they had one with a dolphin in it... Now that I am pricing them online, I wish I would have went and asked how much they were. I figured it was better not to know then to justify spending thirty bucks :)

Continued...

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 8:23 AM
| link to this post | 0 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer