Wednesday, August 17, 2005
Making it work.
I have two friends who have fallen into deep and wonderful love.
But before I go there, let me explain this thing that I do. Whenever two people I know get together, I often try and guess how long it will last and what will break them up. I am usually pretty fucking close. I can tell when it is rebound love or just a bad match. I usually keep this to myself, but as I am getting older I find that when asked I am more likely to tell the asker what I think.
My BF from high school has been dating since she and her husband split up and she will call me and tell me what is going on and I will give her my honest opinion of the guy and of her actions. Another friend (notice how I am not using ANY names, lol) of mine was dating a guy for the last three or four months and I just had a feeling that they were a bad match and when she asked me about it, I told her as much. Nicely, of course. He broke up with her a week ago.
Am I cynical? Well, yeah, but that isn’t why. I have just been in enough shitty situations that I think I have gained some perspective on whether two people are compatible or not. Of course, you could just think I am insane and that is fine ;)
Now, back to my friends. I have these two friends who have fallen in love. They have begun talking long-term plans and arrangements. While I was talking to one of them the other day, I realized that they are going to make it. They both love each other that much. They have the initial hurdles to jump and then it will be smooth sailing for them. I can close my eyes and picture her sitting in his kitchen, the two of them sipping coffee and looking at each other in that way. They are what the other wants in so many ways and more than that, they deserve it. They deserve each other and the happiness that they will each provide to the other.
Still think I am cynical? What I am is envious. I would love to have that thing that they have. That unconditional adoration and ability to mesh so well with one another. You see, in searching and waiting for that person, that other half, you run in to so many people who aren’t him. You think that, with work from both of you, you can get through it. You can force the puzzle pieces together and make that perfect picture. I think that while every relationship involves work and effort from each person you shouldn’t have to force the pieces. They should slide right in comfortably. That’s what my friends have – ease. While their situation isn’t the easiest right now, their ability to love each other and be as patient as possible is. They know that they are it for each other and they know that they can make it work and they know that the rewards awaiting them are worth it all. That is what I envy.
I am predicting a long and happy relationship for them. Congratulations to you both.



so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 4:40 AM
| link to this post | 1 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer