Wednesday, October 12, 2005
Let them eat cake!
Ok, so I have mentioned that Amanda's 9th birthday is coming up....
(Hang on... I have to get my paper bag and put my head between my knees for a moment....
ok, better. Thanks for waiting.)
Well today, Amanda brought home a cook book from the school library.
(And what the fuck is that all about any way? Emilee brought one home a few weeks ago. Then she took it back like three weeks late. After she left it just laying around... suggestively. Sneaky girls... trying to tell me something...)
So, the cook book. Amanda brings home this cook book and her and Emilee are going through it this evening while they are eating their hamburgers.
(And considering that this is like the fourth time we have had hamburgers in the last couple weeks they were probably picking out what they wanted to be eating... Why the hell does a school library have a cook book section anyway?)
After they finished their burgers, Amanda brought the book over to me and asked me if we could make a certain cake for her birthday. So, I looked at the pic of the cake...

The Cake

looks pretty fucking cool right? I told her as much. And Amanda loves S'Mores, so it's rather appropriate. So, then I said that I didn't see why not.
(ok, just because I don't cook often, doesn't mean I can't cook at all.)
Amanda gives me that I can't believe that was so easy smile and then says cool. She asks if I would mind scanning the cake and the recipe tonight when I get on the computer.
(Notice: I am doing that now, despite what she said next.)
Again, I said sure and told her to remind me before she went to bed. She says ok and then she says "that way you can email the picture and the recipe to [The Cake Lady] and she can tell you what to buy so she can make it."
(What? Mommy can make your cake. I made your very first ever birthday cake from scratch. Ok, ok... Not from scratch, scratch. I mean, I used a box of cake mix. OK! And the icing was from the little icing tubs that they sell directly above or below the cake mix itself. But, I did sit for a very long time and separate all of the little colored star sprinkles so that I could make you a rainbow on the cake. And then used all the extra stars to make a giant "1". Yeah. And the fact that I have ordered every cake since that one from a bakery.. or the fact that I have NO idea how to actually make a cake from scratch shouldn't mean anything. I am your mother, damn it. You are to have FAITH in me.)
"Well, Amanda, maybe I could make it for you? I mean, it doesn't look that hard. Messy - yes. But mostly just a lot of goo in between two cakes."
"Maybe Mommy... But, we should probably just let [The Cake Lady] do it... you know? Just to make sure it doesn't get messed up."
(Fine... fine. So, it doesn't get messed up. Because I, your mother, the woman who managed to give you life (you know, with out messing it up) would probably screw it up. No, no. That's cool. No, I'm fine. REALLY.
Ok,
Cake Lady. You have been chosen. :) My daughter doesn't think I can make her cake but is completely sure that, not only can you do it, but that you won't fuck it up, lol. Your screen name? VERY appropriate right now, lol.)
Anyway, ya'll? How cool is the cake??
You know... now that I am actually looking at it... I probably would mess it up, lol.

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 12:02 AM
| link to this post | 3 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer