Tuesday, September 05, 2006
and speaking of bad pictures from my youth....
So, since so many of you decided to write/call/comment about my "outfit" in the post below, as if my fashion decisions in the nineties could REALLY be held against me! But since you did, let us stroll through the photo album from which that particular photo came from.
Let us cruise through all of my awkward stages and bring to the surface all of the wonderful memories I have of being a redheaded and freckled faced girl with frizzy hair.

It all started off rather innocently.
Look at me...

little


Totally cute. My hair is all tame and I have on your typical little girl shirt of the eighties (which my mother has buttoned all the way to the top). People every where could ooohhh and ahhhh over how adorable I was and say things like "she could be so pretty when she is older" without ever having to cross their fingers.

This is the picture where you can start to see that my hair has a mind of its own.

dalmations


It is just all taking off on one side like someone rubbed a balloon on it for a good ten minutes. And notice the pink dalmations outfit that could ONLY be bought for you by a grandmother.

Here is where we meet my teeth.

2teeth


Oh yeah, lovely huh? Nothing like two big ass teeth sticking out at you. It was like they were trying to get away from each other. And there I was, all oblivious and just smiling with my mouth wide open so all the world could try to kick field goals between my buck teeth.

You can see in this picture that the freckles have declared ownership of my face.

blue


And the fucked up thing is I remember being so very excited about taking this picture because I got to pick the color of the background. And not just that but the BLINDS in the background. Oh how effing cool we thought those colored blinds were. They were exciting enough that when I got this picture at the awkward age of tenish, I barely noticed the gaping hole in my front teeth.

Oh man, the tie dye and the cowboy hat, paired together.

cowboy


As if I needed to give the world another reason to glance strangely my way. The obvious chunkiness that comes with puberty had taken over my neck and formed it into a lovely double chin. I remembered chopping my hair off since I had given up on every being able to do anything with it.

I don't even have anything for this one.

roxk


I just remember that we were doing yardwork and I threw a rock over my shoulder and it stuck in the tree and stayed there the entire time we lived in Hawaii.

I fucking love this shirt.

shirt


The BALLS I had to wear this, in public AND for a school picture. Note the scrunchie on the top of my head holding my unruly hair out of my face. At least I had finally started smiling with my mouth closed.

Notice the complete loss of hope here.

pink


I had given up on trying to look like a normal person. My hair was frizzy and red no matter what I did and I had developed a nice little pooch belly. No matter how I smiled there was a double chin, so why smile?

Holy fucking ugly shirt batman!

frizz


Oh my god. Look at it.
It's just wrong.
The hair, the freckley pale skin, the UGLY striped shirt with the pink collar and just a hint of blue pocket!
You know there were some portrait people just laughing there asses off as they packaged this for my mother.

Welcome to the first picture in The Flannel Set.

flannel3


Sometime in the early nineties, flannel suddenly became crazy popular. Which was exceptionally brutal to those of us who were teens and living in South Texas. But we suffered so we could just like every one else. My closet was FULL of flannel shirts which I proudly wore in the 100+ degree weather.

Flannel #2. Otherwise known as: the last one with the double chin.

flannel4


My freshman picture in highschool. I had finally learned how to mellow my hair out and wear some makeup that didn't make me look like a hooker, but no matter how high I held my head, the chins were still there. You can see I was just starting to show my teeth again, not that they had become friends and stopped trying to run to separate sides of my mouth.

Flannel #3. Otherwise known as: The girl with the bushy hair.

flannel2


I just know I was melting in that outfit. Jeans and a flannel and I'm sure this was like July. (You can tell because my hair is HUGE.)

Flannel #4. Otherwise known as: The girl with only one chin.

flannel


This is a picture of me and a girl I worked with when I was like 14. Notice: smiling with all my teeth and only one chin. Plus this was at a time when I used to mute the ever loving hell out of my freckles with concealer.

Yeah, I didn't do ANY drugs in high school.

nuts



This is the picture that had Amanda saying, "were you in jail Mommy?"

smokin



And finally, my sophomore photo.

Me: 15


Probably the only picture of myself that I liked for a LONG time.

So there you go, dear reader, all the pictures I have of my childhood.
All the frizzy hair and freckles and squinty eyed, buck toothed Kate you can handle. That picture below barely registers now, huh?
I have just given you all the blackmail photos you could ever dream of having :P
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 5:11 PM
| link to this post | 4 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer