Monday, September 10, 2007
excuses, excuses, excuses
In no particular order, a list of reasons I have been a bad blogger:
  • There was that boy that I was talking about here, but that has more or less faded. I swear, every time I think I may have met someone cool, they do something to prove me wrong.

  • School started August 27th and this has become a huge adjustment in my household. Partially because of Triniti having to change her schedule and all the issues that arise when you do that and partially because my daughters are awesome and I have to make allowances for Student Council and UIL and all the other school related and not school related activities that they want to participate in.

  • And speaking of my awesome children, I've been soliciting postcards, which many of you have sent and THANK YOU SO MUCH! I had originally intended to scan them all and post them here but there are TOO MANY! So that is great :)

  • My new job came with a mini-social life. For the first time in my employment history, I am constantly being invited out to do things with the people I work with! While most of the time I have to say no, a few of my nights have actually been spent hanging out with the cool people with whom I work.

  • I have had a cold for two weeks. Don't believe me? Ask Snow and she will tell you that I've been hacking in her ear for at least two weeks, if not 2.5. I don't know what the hell is going on. I usually get sick when the girls go back to school because they come home covered in nasty little school germies and my old lady immune system can't handle it. But this is ridiculous and I am forced to believe that it has more to do with the insane amount of crap in the air due to the even more insane amount of rain we've had this year.

  • My brother is living with me right now and while that in itself is fine, he hogs the computer at home with his bizarre and fairly unappealing addiction to online games. Primarily this consists of some Risk like game that I have so little interest in, I can't even tell you what the name of it is. Follow that up with the fact that I am playing Fantasy Football at work (and by "me", I mean Snow's MCFJ is helping me and by "helping me", I mean mostly playing for me and telling me what to do) which takes up most of the online time I have in the evenings.

  • My house is trying to kill me. It seems like no matter how much laundry I do or dishes I wash or floors I sweep, no sooner than I turn around they all need to be done again. And with feeling like crap almost since the girls have been back in school, I have not felt like cleaning.

  • I got pulled over for speeding. And having an expired registration and inspection sticker. And not having a current copy of my insurance. That'll be a total of $213.

  • I have been very busy being excited about my trip to Toronto :) Which is Thursday. Not like 'in a month' or 'in a few weeks' or even 'next Thursday' - nope, it is THURSDAY - like in three days!

  • I also checked the weather for Toronto and had to rethink what I was packing when I saw that the high for Saturday is 60 degrees! (That's 16C for my Metric readers.) Lola is all "just bring a jacket" like "hey, 60 degrees is nothing! It's still Summer even!" She probably swims in 60 degrees, while I, your not-so-loyal-these-days blogger bundles up because 60 is effing cold.

  • I'm checking out an assload of books on Aspergers to take with me on the flight so I can (hopefully) find some new ideas for ways to help Trin. I have noticed that when that girl is tired, it plays a huge factor into how much she can handle and on account of that, I have been putting her to bed pretty early.

  • I have been lusting after Mac laptops online.

  • I have been lusting after cute boy I work with.

  • I have been self loathing because I am a cow. I look in the mirror and I feel like I am watching some kind of a horror flick and I can't stop watching it because it is so gross and completely unseen to me before. I am vowing to clean up my act when I get back from seeing Lola because stuff I wear when I feel "all fat and bloated" doesn't fit. It's horrible.

  • I've been trying to convince ya'll to go to the beach with us and in doing so managed to offend a few of you. Let me clarify here people, I wouldn't have posted it here on my blog where I know you guys/gals read unless I wanted you to come. If it was a closed affair, I would have sent out a Top Secret email. If I know you, like you and you know this - I want you to come. If I've spent time on the phone with you or met you in Dallas at the S-Meet, I want you to come. I want you to call, reserve your room, pull your kids out of school for a couple of days and come hang out with us at the beach. It is going to be SOOOO much fun.

  • I've been very diligently not cleaning my room.

  • I've been watching Rock Of Love on VH1 which I know is sad, but I can't stop.

  • I've been fighting with Sprint. A little background: I bought a Blackberry 7130e back in February. Shortly after I got it, I started having dropped calls a lot which had never happened with my old Sprint phone. Then, it got to where my call would drop and then I would never get my bars back, in fact it would say "Service Required" as though I wasn't even activated. So I called Sprint and they said to just pop the battery out and wait a few minutes and then put it back in. This worked initially but in the last month it got to where it would be five or six hours before it would start working again. Finally on Friday, it didn't work for almost 36 hours. Friday night I was on the phone with Sprint forever and they finally said I could take my phone and trade it in for a new one at a Sprint store. AND THANK GOD! Because I was losing it. Mad props go to Jenny, the technical support supervisor for Blackberry & Treo in Kentucky! She was amazing.

  • I'm still trying to sell my van.

  • I'm trying to figure out what everyone will be for Halloween, myself included.

Labels:

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 10:47 AM
| link to this post | 2 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer