Friday, October 30, 2009
'Twas the night before Halloween...
when all through the house and back
Not a creature was stirring, or a rat on a rubber sack;
The Jack-o-lanterns were sitting on the porch with care,
In hopes that the Great Pumpkin soon would be there;

The little kids were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions witches flew in their heads;
And lil' sister in mother's 'kerchief, and me in my cap,
Had just settled down for a long midnight's nap,

When out on the street there arose such a racket,
I sprang from the bed and put on my warm jacket.
Away to the window I flew like the Flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen leaves
Gave the luster of mid-day to objects below,
When, what to my eyes should see and what came,
But a thin man with a cape and a strange name,

With a lively smile, if not so full of sin,
I knew in a moment it must be Great Pumpkin.
More rapid than eagles his comrades they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

"Come, Vampire! Come, Werewolf! Mummy, and Creeper!
Frankenstein! Scarecrow dude! Zombie and Grim Reaper!
To the top of the house! To the top of the roof!
Let us hurry! And pray that my suit is fireproof"

The dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
When they meet with an old rope, mount to the sky,
So up to the housetop the monsters they climbed,
With a bag full of treats, as the midnight clock chimed.

And then, in a thud, I heard on the roof
The shuffling of each heavy foot- then poof!
As I drew in my hand, and was turning around,
Down the chimney Great Pumpkin came with a bound.

He was dressed all in black, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;
As I wipe away the dust from my face,
He got up gracefully from the fireplace.

His eyes -- how they twinkled! His eyes, how scary!
His cheeks were like oranges, his nose like a berry!
His pointy big mouth was drawn up like a bow,
And the pumpkin head is hollow;

He was thin and lanky, a mysterious creature,
And I screamed when I saw him, at his ghastly feature;
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And filled all the bags with the treats; what a jerk!
And opened his mouth and whispered "Adieu",
And giving a nod, up the chimney he flew;

He sprang up his arms, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew away, away in a hustle.
But I heard him exclaim, ere he flew out of sight,
"Happy Halloween to all, and to all a good night!"

I replied back with a laugh, "And a good fright!"

Labels:

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 6:42 AM
| link to this post | 0 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer