Monday, April 04, 2005
The Trip (Sunday, part two)
I made myself stop thinking. I was too tired and still had several hours before I would be near a bed, so I pulled out that damn Nora Roberts book again so I could read about how in love her characters are and wish I was them. Every once in awhile I would look up and glance around at the people sitting in the other chairs. Airports are a great venue for a bad people watching habit and I have a bad people watching habit.
Finally, it was time to board the plane and I put my book up and got in line with every one else. I had the window seat again, but on the smaller side of the plane this time. I sat next to a very skinny woman who was polite and asked me if I had an Ipod because she needed help with hers and she was hoping my ‘youth’ could benefit her, lol. I told her I didn’t and sorry and thank you for telling me I look young when I feel exhausted. I sat there and read while the plane loaded. About ten minutes before take off, an elderly woman asks the stewardess (I don’t give a flying fuck what is PC, I am calling her a stewardess) if she and her grandson can move to the seat behind me seeing as how it was still empty and her grandson wanted to look out the window. I thought awwww, how sweet. Yeah, I thought wrong.
Let me preface here. I am a mom, I am patient, I truly love children. That said, I wanted to murder this fucking kid by the time the plane landed. I wanted to give his poor “Gammy” a million dollars and yell at his parents. That plane ride was 39 minutes of HELL (which, btw, is where this kid is going should he opt to not get his snotty little attitude in order). I had nothing but utter and complete sympathy for his grandparents who had been traveling with this demon all day.
And, why is it that when I kid behaves badly everyone assumes he has ADHD [no emails about ADHD, please. I am not knocking ANY kids that have it, I am generally sympathetic, I was very tired.], rather than that he is a spoiled little brat? The woman sitting next to me was reading all of these papers on Leukemia. I didn’t understand the titles with their 27 letter words (yeah, I counted, so what?) so I have no idea what they said. But about half way through the flight when the hellion was kicking my seat repeatedly despite Gammy’s warnings, I must have made an annoyed sound because the woman next to me takes her fingers off of her ears, where she was using them as plugs to keep the noise out and looks at me and says “He must have ADHD , poor thing”. Poor thing? Are you fucking kidding me? Then, honey, if you feel so bad for him, switch seats with me before I kill the poor thing. The poor thing was Gammy! I would have been feeding that boy valium like it was candy. Poor thing my ass! The kid was spitting on the fucking window! I have never been so happy to get off a plane and smoke.
Outside, back in my San Antonio. Back in my air, my scenery, my town. Garrett picked me up and took me to his place where I laid on his couch for twenty minutes while his roommates finished their video game and got ready and then they took me home to my sweet, sweet, girls. I missed them! I gave them their presents and then lay down with Triniti and we all talked until bedtime, which was eight o’clock. Then I passed smooth out, yet again.

Epilogue
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 1:55 PM
| link to this post | 0 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer