Saturday, July 23, 2005
the conclusion continued
My mother came over to babysit the girls for me. I didn't tell her where I was going or who with because I knew she would absolutely freak out. She had mentioned many times over the last ten years that she wondered what happened to Lorraine, Jason, and Sam. I had went so far as to pay a company a hundred bucks a few years ago to find him for me, but they never could. It was as though they had all fallen off of the planet after we moved back to the mainland. She made me promise to call if I was going to be overly late so she wouldn't worry. She would worry anyway, she always does when I go out.
I threw my stuff and myself into my car and hit the road. I glanced at my cell phone and saw that it was seven forty, I was going to be ten minutes late. I was going to be ten minutes late to my second first date with the same man...


Jason and his family moved out after the baby was born. The moved to a neighboring town that was still in our school district, so the only times I saw him were in school. Lorraine didn't come over after that and we only went to visit her a few times. I don't know what happened between she and my mom, if anything. I just know that if I wanted to see Jason, I had to see him in school. This was difficult because he was a year ahead of me.
Then something insane happened. The state took all of Lorraine's children away from her and they placed Jason with my friend's grandparents - in foster care. This ended up being great for he and I because we were able to talk on the phone almost constantly and we did.
One Saturday, he called me and asked me out on a date. I won't lie and say I hadn't thought about it, but I was thirteen and I had never even told a boy I liked him so I was very shy. He asked me to go to the movies with him that night and I, of course, said yes. A conversation about the fact that he and I had secretly liked each other for a while ensued. I asked my mom and he asked his then foster parents and it was all set. My mom would drop me off and then he and I would ride home with his foster parents. We went to see Under Siege and I was so nervous, I don't think I could have even told you what the movie was about afterwards because I spent the entire time being so self conscious. Then, it happened. About half way through the movie, he put his arm around me. I didn't move at all for the rest of the show.
After the movie was over, he and I walked across the street and sat down on a bench and talked, like we usually talked. We talked about how he was adjusting and how he missed his sister and mom. He confided in me that he really liked his foster parents though and he wasn't too upset to finally have a place to stay. His foster parents arrived a few minutes later and took us home. He walked me to the door but didn't kiss me. I don't know if I thought he would or not, but in retrospect it makes sense on account of there being people watching us.
Then he was gone. His mother got him back and it moved him to Hilo (about an hour and a half away). It would be six months before I would hear from him again. And then it was a short call saying he wanted to come and stay with us. My mother said of course and he said he would be there the next day. He never showed up. We had no idea why and no way to reach him. I got a call right before we left Hawaii from him. He was in California, the state had taken him away again and moved him to the mainland. I never spoke to him again. I heard that he moved back to Hawaii, to Kona, and finished school there. But he had disappeared.


I parked my car and checked my makeup, grabbed my purse and locked my doors. I had no idea what he drove, so no clue as to whether he was there or not. I walked up to the sidewalk and he came out the front door. He didn't look like the hot mystery guy to me anymore, he looked like an old friend, an old love and someone I had missed for more than ten years. His jeans and white shirt barely registered in my mind, it was again his eyes I was drawn to. His eyes were everything they had been before, green and bright and full of laughter, only now I could see in them our friendship, I could see in them the months of talking and joking and sharing. His looks were no longer intimidating, I wasn't falling over myself because he was gorgeous, instead he became the grownup version of the Jason I had known as a child. All of the wondering I had done about how he had changed was suddenly answered.
I didn't realize that I had stopped walking towards him. I was just standing there staring and then I noticed, much to my surprise, crying. He walked over to me and put his arms around me. Neither of said anything, we didn't have to. We stood there together for what felt like forever but really could have only been a matter of minutes before I pulled myself together. He stepped back and brushed some of the hair from my face.

"I was wondering when you would figure it out."
I just hugged him again. It was him, he was here, this is real. He found me. I wanted to know everything. Where he had been, what had happened in his life, how he found me. How long he had been in San Antonio... I had a million questions to ask him. I stepped back and he took my hand and led me into the restaurant.
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 11:52 AM
| link to this post | 2 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer