Tuesday, July 19, 2005
calling him back
This is in follow up to this. Geez, you guys! LOL, one tiny thing in my social life and everyone freaks out. The emails - ya'll are too funny. Anyway, I am sorry, I am trying to post it all as quickly as I can, but we are swamped at work.

So, I am sitting there. I lean back in my chair and look out the window next to my desk to see where he goes, but he never passes through my line of sight which is strange because normally when someone walks out, I can see them walk over to the main dealership. This really made him seem all the less real. So I stood up and walked into the foyer to see if I could spot him out the door, nothing. Turning around, I walk towards Jiffinner's office, but she isn't there so I walk over to my boss' office, same thing. No one is there. Where the hell did they all go? I figure I will call Jiffinner, I have to tell someone... so I walk back to my office and sit down and pick up my cell phone to call Jiffinner and my work phone rings. Snapping my cell phone shut, I grab my pen and glance at the upside down numbers on my calendar.
Sales, this is Kate. How can I help you?
There was an onslaught of phone calls from then until the end of the afternoon. Every time I hung up the phone it rang again. And if I wasn't on the phone then my boss and Jiffinner were. I was going crazy not being able to go and talk to them about what had happened when they were at lunch but at the same time I was so busy that the time was flying by. When I got caught up with everything, I went to give my boss my reports. I looked at the clock and saw that it was half past five. Shit. That meant I had less than thirty minutes to be on the road. My boss was on the phone and as I handed him the stack of folders he covered up the mouth piece of his phone and said quietly 'can you believe this?' I smiled and shook my head and then went to talk to Jiffinner. Before I had even made it to her office, I could hear her finishing a call.
Yes sir. Yes, we have several King Ranches in stock. Yes sir, three of them are copper. Today? Yes, we would love for you to come in and test drive one today. What time is good for you? Six sounds great, we'll see you then. Yes, you're welcome. Have a nice day, Mr. Jones.
She looked up at me then will her face covered in exasperation.
Holy fucking shit! I am pretty sure that is the busiest that we have ever been. I've set like eight appointments in the last hour alone. Are you out of here?
I sat down in the chair in front of her desk and crossed my legs.
Jiffinner, you are not going to believe what happened while you were at lunch.
She gave me this look like she was worried.
Are you ok?
Oh, god, yeah, no I am fine. Totally fine. In fact, with as crazy as everything has been all afternoon, I had started to wonder if I imagined the whole thing.


I told her about the strange guy - Jason, about him coming into my office, about the phone number on my calendar, about the dinner request. As soon as I finished my story, she got up and walked into my office. I followed her. She pointed to the blue numbers that were upside down next to the dentist appointment.
Is that it?
Yup.
Oh my god Kate! I can't believe you didn't tell me sooner! So what are you going to do? I think you should call him.

As if to illustrate her point, she picked up the receiver to my phone and handed it to me. I took it from her and hung it up as I sat down.
I can't just call him Jiffinner. What the fuck am I supposed to say? Hey, Jason, it's Kate. So, when do you want to have dinner and reveal your secret and slightly creepy but oh-so-adorable identity to me? I'm free on Friday.
Yes. Call him.

I laughed. Reaching for my phone, I thought about whether I should or not. I mean, shouldn't I wait until tomorrow? Or until I had more free time to actually talk to the guy? Was I calling too soon? Or should I even be calling at all? I mean, I had no idea who the hell this guy was, he could be a serial killer. Some guy who reads my blog and had tracked me down... (no offense people)
Stop thinking, Kate and just call.
She got up and walked over and closed the door. I took a deep breath and then dialed the number.
One ring. Two rings. Three rings. Voicemail.
Hey, sorry I missed your call. Leave me a message after the beep and I will call you back when I get a chance.
Beep.
Hi, uhm.. this is Kate. I don't really know what to say, so why don't you just call me back when you get this. My number is xxx-xxx-xxxx. Bye.
I hung up and looked at Jiffinner, she looked disappointed. I laughed at her.
Well, what the fuck do you want me to do? I can't make him answer the phone!
She smiled at me.
Yeah, well, I had better be the first person you call when he calls you back. You had better get out of here if you are going to get your kids on time.


Part three
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 11:30 AM
| link to this post | 3 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer