Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Ok, so yesterday, I get this email...
I always download my mail in the mornings, unless I am running very late. I stumble from my bed to the computer and hit 'connect' because I am still in the stone age and still use dial-up. Then I sit there and rub my eyes while my computer makes those horrible sounds. The kind that can only make you wonder if there is some kind of baby dinosaur trapped in your speakers. So, yesterday, I am deleting emails and I come across one from a guy who says he saw my profile on American Singles.
Those of you who have been with me since the beginning may remember a blog that Veronique and I co-wrote. It was last year when I decided to start dating again. I can see now, in retrospect, that it was an attempt to separate myself from Mr. I... Anyway, when she died, I removed that particular blog from my listing. Not only was I uninterested in dating, but I couldn't bring myself to keep writing in that blog without her. I didn't delete it because I still wanted to go back from time to time and reread her comments... anyway, that was how my profile got onto American Single and Yahoo Personals and Plenty Of Fish...
So, I get this email from this guy who says he saw my profile on American Singles... the email says that he has just moved here and that he isn't really online but that his roommate helped him email me and would I please call him tomorrow [yesterday]... Then it links me to a picture.
Now keep in mind, normally when I get these they are from guys in their late thirties to late forties. Guys who never had kids and see me as an instant family, just add Dad. Or who see me as a twenty something year old chic that they can parade around. Neither of those situations interest me. Firstly, you have to be a very privileged guy to ever even meet my kids. I have to really think that there is something there and at the very least that you are a really good person with whom I could still be friends if it doesn't work out. I do not introduce guys to my kids on a whim. So the whole 'Hey Kate, lets take your girls to the zoo' date is out. Period. Secondly, I don't want to be paraded around to all of your functions as a thing on the end of your arm. If you are asking me out to help make your midlife crisis make full circle, then fuck off. If you have no interest in anything other than my age and our age difference, then you need to have a whole bunch of money and get yourself a fucking hooker.
So, you can see how my dating options are limiting themselves. Why? Because what's left is a mess of twenty and thirty year old guys who either don't want kids, aren't mature enough to handle kids or are already in a relationship. Now, I am not saying that there aren't guys out there who are awesome and who don't fall into those categories, what I am saying is that I don't run into many of them.
Now this guy from yesterday was not older, in fact being in his early twenties, I would usually discard him immediately. But since having met Mr. I and despite how things didn't work out between us, I have come to understand that not all guys in their early twenties are that stereotypical immature that I had come to expect.
I won't lie to you and tell you that this guy isn't attractive. He is. Very. But there is something about his look that seems... genuine? Maybe... I know, no books by their covers, but I am going to try and get in touch with him today. And we'll see.
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 6:04 AM
| link to this post | 3 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer