Monday, October 31, 2005
T minus 15 and counting...
I was never too sure how the whole "T minus" thing works... so, I hope I didn't fuck it up just now in the title...
Anyway, the time has come! YAY! Nano-Wrimo starts tonight, at midnight! So, I can't think of a more perfect time for a nice little case of Writer's Block. But, I don't care. I will write through it... even if everything I post on
my NanoWrimo blog is crap, it will be fifty thousand words of crap damn it.
So, maybe it is the lack of coffee in my system or the exhilaration of it being Halloween, but I can't seem to figure out how the hell to get my NanoWrimo blog to show up on my profile... any suggestions? In the meantime, I will just link you here :) My NanoWrimo Blog.
Cross your fingers for me people!

So, speaking of today being Halloween...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

I got a call on Saturday morning asking if I had decided whether I wanted to go to a Halloween party or not... I was like what Halloween Party? Seems I had been emailed an invite and didn't even realize it. So, Fairy managed to be a supreme goddess... she came over and babysat the girls AND brought me a kick ass dress. I was very Juliet (ironic when you consider I was just posting about that the other day...) with my ringlet curls and medieval dress :) I posted some pics of the party on my flickr account but none of me! SORRY! I just didn't manage to get in front of a camera the entire night. And, what a night...
When I was invited, it was understood that we would be leaving at nine. So, I put my hair up at 5:30 and started getting the makeup and everything done at seven. So, at eight, when they called and asked if I was ready to go I most certainly was not. And let me tell you, on a scale of one to ten (one being easy as hell and ten being impossible), putting on fake eyelashes is a forty five. So, I scrambled around and managed to get my ass out the door at 8:20. Stopping at the gas station was fun with all the people looking at me like I was insane :)
Oh, but the insanity didn't start until I met them at the carpool area and realized that they had brought that guy. Oh, you remember him. The one from September Party who chatted me up for more than an hour. Remember him?? Well, he is the guy dressed as the rodeo clown in the pics... Anyway, he was so far up my ass that the first few people I was introduced to asked me if he was my boyfriend. I wanted to tell them "no and could you please go tell every single guy here that I am single! Please!"
Now, have you guys actually seen "How I Met Your Mother" on CBS? If not, start watching it! Anyway, the two guys play this game where one of them walks up to a chic and says "Hi, have you met Ted?" and then walks off while "Ted" chats the chic up. That was kind of how it felt Saturday. "Hi, have you met Kate?" and then straight up ditched. I was introduced to The Devil, a Samurai, a Clown (again in the pic), some guy with a serious head piece on, Tom Petty and others I can't even remember. After many shortlived conversations, I realized I am not missing much in the dating world. Let me clear something up for you guys. When chics are looking to get laid at a party, you need to fit into one of two categories:
Category A is for the good looking guy who is charming. He is smooth and can hold a nice conversation. The reason we will sleep with this guy is that we don't feel bad afterwards thinking we've settled. He was perfect for the one night stand because we can brag about him to our friends later.
Category B is for the fucking hot guy. This is the guy that makes you stare from across the room. The guy who you know is sporting a six pack under his shirt even if you can't see it. We don't need to talk to you, in fact doing so will probably ruin it. The reason we will sleep with this guy is because we don't think we will have the chance to again. He was perfect for a one night stand because he will always be that really hot guy we banged at that party that one year. And if we are lucky, we managed to snap a quick pic of him to show off to our friends later.
That is it. Now, if you are looking to score a phone number then the rules are totally different. But those are the two categories for the one night stand at a party.
Let me break down the dudes at this party for you:
50% - underage - had to be careful here. Seems this party was thrown for two crowds. The first of which is the grown up crowd, but the second was for the son and his friends. Tons of jail bait running around.
25% - Old or married or old and married.
20% - The Devil, The Samurai, The Clown, The Rodeo Clown, Tom Petty... you get the idea. This twenty percent represents the guys I actually spoke to and had ZERO interest in.
4% - Unaccounted for... guys that were cute, maybe single, and wandering around that I didn't manage to talk to...
1% - That guy right when I was leaving. It always happens, you go somewhere and two seconds before you are getting in your car to leave, you see him (or her) and want to go back in and stay longer. Yup, I saw this guy some time after 2am as I was heading to my car. I would have turned around and went back in except he was leaving too. I was standing in a crowd of people saying bye to everyone and he was walking by with two other guys. Totally hot guy. Anyway he stopped while his friend tied his shoe and looked at me. He held eye contact for a full ten seconds while his friend tied his shoe and then he left. Talk about bummed.
Anyway, I had a good time... There were a ton of people there and I talked to a bunch of them. And it was one of those parties where everyone knew me through someone else so people kept coming up and saying "hi, I am so-and-so... I met you -insert person or place here-" so I certainly didn't feel out of place :)

Ok, last order of business is that NanoWrimo is starting tomorrow so I will probably be posting here less. Initially I was going to stop posting here for the entire month, but I know I won't be able to stop doing that... so I will be keeping both blogs up. :)
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 6:22 AM
| link to this post | 3 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer