Friday, November 25, 2005
Thanksgiving
You know that part of Thanksgiving where you sit down at the table and hold hands and everyone announces the things that they are Thankful for?
You don't?
Oh...
So, it does only happen on TV?
No wonder the guests always look at me funny...

Moving on...

This year, I am not going out of town like I did last year... and the year before... and the year before. This year, I am staying home. I am going to suck every second out of my four day weekend by sitting on my couch watching reruns of Law & Order (bah - you say reruns but they are new to me!) and finish crocheting my daughter's scarf. At some point in time, I will cook the Thanksgiving basics: Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing... lots of stuffing, sweet potatoes, rolls, gravy and pie.

What?? No green bean casserole? That's right. One of the more stellar things about being the Mom (aka: Head Of Household according to the IRS) is not having to eat green bean casserole. No green beans, no gross disgusting yucky cream of mushroom soup, no french fried onions. None. And there is no one here to stop me.. or start me, depending on how you look at that.
Anyway, four days. Do you know what I could do with four days? I ask because what I could do and what I will do are probably going to be very different.
I could clean my entire house from top to bottom, reorganizing everything as I go. Although, I will probably clean my room and once over everything else so as not to cut into my L&O time. I could go visit all of the people that I have been neglecting over the last few weeks... ok, ok, MONTHS... but, I will probably just hang out with Fairy on T-day and then pop over to The Cake Lady's house over the weekend. (Fine, so what if I have ulterior motives for going to TCL's house? She.Makes.Fudge. Like, makes it. As in, not buying it. Oh yeah, and her husband has some single male company. And, if you have been keeping track, today is the eighty eighth day I haven't been laid. No, you read that right eighty-eighth. As in, less than two weeks until I hit the 100-day-mark. Lets add that up, for shits and giggles. December sixth. Fucking wonderful.)
Ok, so now that we have covered exactly how much screwing around uh... fucking off sitting on my ass I plan on doing this weekend, lets get to the important stuff.
Things I am thankful for:
~First and foremost my girls... always my girls. Every morning when I wake them up for school, I just look at them and am in awe. It's like when you get some really cool present and you have to keep pinching yourself because you can't believe it is true. That's what it is like to be a mom for me. Everyday, I can't believe they are mine.
~My health. Having been health-issue-free (*knock on wood*) for the better part of three years now has not went unnoticed by me. When I was sick, I remembered thinking how happy it would make me if I could just get up and make all of the beds, I haven't forgotten how much I missed that.
~My car. Yes, she's old. Yes, she is a little beat up. And bless her heart, I leave a mess inside of her... but every morning when she starts, I thank her. When I first bought my car, I thought I would drive it for six months, maybe a year and then I would get another one. A newer one, a more reliable car that got MUCH better gas mileage. Here it is now, two full years later and she still starts every morning. When you are a single mom, that means the world to you.
~My friends. I have some of the best friends any girl could ever ask for. My real life friends and my online friends are top notch. If I had played the friend lotto, I would have won the jackpot. When I lived with NY in San Antonio, I remember feeling like I didn't have any friends because the few that I did have were far from me. I had a couple of people online and then a couple of people that I could use up all my long distance chatting with. Since I have moved out of the city, I have made and resumed some wonderful friendships.
~My job. For all of the griping I could do about my job, I really do like it. I work with (mostly) good people. I like and am good at what I do. The pay isn't wonderful, but for the last two and a half years, it has kept me and the girls taken care of. And, I have time to blog :P
~My experiences. Every year new things happen in my life that continue to help mold me. This year was no exception. There have been the big things and then some that were seemingly insignificant. All of them were important in their own way.
~My family. It's funny how easy it is to bitch about your family, but for all of the bitching and moaning I do about them, I am glad that they are here. Not just for me, but for the girls as well. Having my parents and my brother and sisters love my kids means the world to me.

(I wrote this on Wednesday and had planned on posting it on Thursday. However, I came down with some kind of evil nasty death sickness that put me in bed Wednesday and kept me there until about ten minutes ago. I am wicked sick. Like so sick, I can't even talk because my throat is like swollen almost shut :( Anyway, I hope every one had a lovely Thanksgiving!!! And go over to The Cake Lady's blog and tell her how FUCKING AWESOME she is for making our dinner for us! I owe you - BIG TIME!)
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 2:24 AM
| link to this post | 4 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer