Tuesday, November 15, 2005
uh - yeah, so I suck
So, judging from the fifteen or so emails I have gotten (a few of which were from readers who haven't ever emailed me before), I take it some of you are worried about me? lol
Ok, ok, ok, I suck. Between actually being busy as fuck at work and at home, I have also been a little down, off and on, for the last week or so.
The impending doom of the holidays? Possibly.
I have never been very good at juggling my emotions. I'd rather just pick one emotion and stick with it. If I am gonna be pissy, then I will give it my all. If I am happy, then I am fucking jazzed. Right now, I am a little stuck in the middle of a pond of combined emotions.
On the one hand, my sister is FINALLY coming home. She will be here Friday and she is staying until the end of next Summer. I have missed her so much, just her company alone helps keep me sane. On the other hand, this time last year, I was preparing for my trip to the coast with Veronique, where we spent Thanksgiving with Tempest. It was the last trip Veronique and I took together and it is making it very hard for me to get happy about Thanksgiving this year. Not to mention that it is shining a huge spot light on the fact that this is the first Thanksgiving since she's been gone. Her birthday is December 14th... this would have been her twenty first birthday, we had plans. Last year, when she came home for Thanksgiving and Christmas, she and I spent so much time together. Every minute that we weren't working, we were together. She was here on New Year's Eve and we drank wine and watched Steel Magnolias and set off baby fireworks outside for the girls. She should be here now and I am having a hard time coping with how much I miss her. On a good note, her mom is coming for a visit. She will be here tomorrow and she is staying for a week. I won't get to see her the whole week because she is trying to squeeze in as much time as she can with everyone that she knows here, but on Monday she and I are taking the girls to a movie and out to dinner. I have missed her a bunch and I am counting down the days until Monday. Amanda's birthday is this Saturday. She will be nine! And I have to work so, I won't even be home. The working thing is totally fair since I never work Saturdays and Jiffinner will be out of town and Boss has to have the day off. It's just part of pulling my own weight, but Amanda was bummed that I wouldn't be home and that any plans we may have had now have to be postponed. Plus, my daughter is turning nine. Nine. And I have been feeling like I am getting sick for the last four or five days. I hate being sick.
That is just the tip of my emotional iceberg. There is so much going on right now with work, with family, with friends and a lot of it is good but some of it is sad and I feel like that guy at the circus that is twirling plates. If I stop twirling them, then they are going to come crashing down around me. And I just don't feel like picking up all those pieces right now. The word "overwhelmed" was created for weeks like these.
So, don't fret about me. I am ok. I am just very 'BLAH'...
I swear, in the next couple of days, everything will be back to normal here :)
Thanks for the emails and the concern, it means more than you know.
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 7:47 AM
| link to this post | 3 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer