Friday, December 30, 2005
ringing it in
This New Year's Eve, I will be at The Cake Lady's house having a BBQ and letting my kids play with explosives.
Oh yeah.
The Cake Lady's house is like Monica and Rachel's apartment and me and my daughters are the rest of the cast of Friends.
Honestly, any holiday involving fire and or explosives and I am on the phone with TCL the week before saying "Soooooo, do you have anything planned for next weekend? No? We should have a barbecue." And of course, by "barbecue" she knows I mean you should let me and the girls bring a bag of frozen chicken breasts for your husband to cook and thirty bucks to buy fireworks for your husband to set off while I sit at the outside table smoking cigarettes, taking pictures, and drinking wine. She knows that though, which is why I love her.
The reasons are that (1) I can't BBQ. I can barely cook anything edible people. Yeah, I can write a mean blog entry on occasion, but ask me to grill some steaks and I am just standing there looking at you like you need me to find some plutonium. (2) Fireworks of any shape or size scare the holy hell out of me. You remember when you were a kid and you met that guy who had lost a finger from the tiny stick of dynamite that he held in his hand for too long when he was twelve? Come on, you have all met him. Anyway, that guy stuck with me. I'd just as soon be three miles from anything that explodes. Actually, lets make it five. That said, her husband and usually at least one of his friends are there and they get all man-excited at the prospect of fire and loud explosions of color. They get to blow shit up and I get to keep all of my fingers: win-win.
See, now if I could just get Jiffinner to let me use her husband too, I could alternate weekends and never have to cook, or fix anything or blow anything up :)
Sadly, I am dateless. So, no kisses for me this year dear readers... in fact, oh wow.. this is going to be depressing, I can't remember the last time I had a midnight kiss.
That is truly The Suck.
And speaking of suck, I have noticed that New Year's Eve is being deemed Suck Night every where. So, on a high note, that makes me feel better. I am not the only chic will be dateless and kissless when the ball drops.

edited to add: For those of you who have been emailing/calling/sending smoke signals, there isn't really much to update in regards to my love life. To the best of my knowledge, Snakeman will not be here this weekend so I won't be seeing him. And Teacher has emailed me once but has yet to respond to my return email.
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 12:17 AM
| link to this post | 8 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer