Monday, January 02, 2006
not so anonymous
When you start a blog you do it one of three ways.
1. You decide to be completely anonymous. You use a fake name, create an email address under the fake name and then make sure that every reference to your life is so obscure that no one could ever link it back to you. You get a little cartoon avatar and you never tell your friends or family about it.
2.You decide to be semi-anonymous. You use a fake name or the internet 'handle' you have been using for a few years. You use the email attached to that handle or create one. You refer to your friends and or coworkers by little nicknames that you gave them. You use your real picture, but usually one that is just your eyes or from some angle that makes you look all artistic.
3. You decide you don't give a flying fuck what the world thinks of you. You blog under your real name with your email address that your isp assigned you. You use your real picture and you call your friends (or at least they are until they google themselves and see what you've written about them) by their real names.

Obviously, I am a (2) with a bit of (3). I don't use my real name or my friends' real names most of the time. I am obscure about where I live and where I work. The thing is though that if you know me and you know my real name and where I live, it is relatively easy to find my blog. I think or at least hope that it is a little more difficult to find the real me through my blog. Although, I am pretty certain that if you were adamant about tracking me down, you could pull it off. I just hope that I am too long winded for the psycho stalker guys. They start reading my blog and think Geeez, she wouldn't shut up long enough for me to rape her! Ok, not funny. I know.
Anyway, the point of this is that today, someone in Phoenix, Arizona found my blog by searching the last email address I gave them to contact me with. The same email address I have attached to my blog where all of you lovely people write me. It took me all of .028 seconds to realize that it was Amanda and Emilee's father (AZ).
Now, I know that Trin's dad has my blog address. I knew it when he sent me the email asking me to take his picture down from my flickr account. If you have my flickr account then you have my blog, it is linked in my profile. How the hell he got my flickr account is beyond me, but whatever. Since I know that he reads my blog, I generally refrain from posting about anything in regards to him. Not that there really is anything since we rarely talk.
But, for AZ to have my blog... now, that's new. To refresh your memories, I haven't seen him in six years and we haven't spoken to him in at least two. Every once in awhile, I get an email from him with a phone number to call but nothing ever comes of it. He hasn't sent his daughters birthday presents or cards, he has missed every Christmas for six years. The girls started referring to him by his real name about three years ago because he doesn't feel like their father to them any more.
I stopped being angry at him years ago. In fact, by his decision to continue down the path of destruction that he chose, he actually did me a huge favor. He forced me to do it all alone and in doing so gave me the independence that I now have. Not to mention the strength I have now for my daughters. He made it hard and that made me strong.

I wonder what he would think of me now.
When he and I met, ten years ago, I was almost fifteen. I don't even know that girl any more, she is like a skin I shed years ago. Would he even know me any more? Or would I just be completely foreign to him now? I like to think that he knows I am doing everything for the girls that I can and that I am a good mother. Whether he thinks that or not, it is still true. I always wanted him to be involved with them, they wanted it. But, he just couldn't ever seem to get his shit together.

He crosses my mind sometimes and I wonder what he is doing, if he is happy, if he thinks of the girls, if he misses them. I can't even imagine not seeing my girls for six years, I would go insane with out them. When he was gone for a year, I thought that he would change, that a year of not seeing his girls would drive him to sobriety. Now, six years later, I don't know if he ever will and while he is off living off of his addictions, my daughters are pushing me to date so that they can have a new dad.
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 12:00 AM
| link to this post | 5 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer