Saturday, October 14, 2006
The less exciting than promised update about North Carolina (because I am sleep deprived)
I know, I know... You have been waiting to hear about how my trip went and what happened and all that jazz. Honestly? I couldn't have relayed the tale to you until, at the earliest, right now. Why? Because I was just too plain tired to spend any time in front of my computer and stay awake at the same time.
So, I caught you up to Monday night when I hit Winston-Salem pretty hard with the three guys (you can see two of them on my flickr account. Dallas dude is Mike and adorable NC dude is Chris). Lets just say that, on Monday night, I was persuaded to do more drinking than I typically do.
And on Tuesday morning, I paid very very dearly for it.
I couldn't remember the last time I was even anything slightly resembling hung over so when I woke up on Tuesday morning after about four hours of sleep, I was in hell. You know, the kind of morning when you take a shower and then wrap yourself in a towel and lay back down for a few minutes... and then you get up and brush your hair and lay back down for a few minutes and then get dressed and lay back down for a few minutes? Yeah. It was like that. I wasn't sure if there would be puking so every burp was a welcomed surprise that had me thanking my own stomach. That whole hellish ordeal lasted until around noon when I was finally able to put something in my stomach without The Powers That Be considering sending it back up as an option.
The only thing that got me through Tuesday was the idea of the sleep I was going to get when I got back to the hotel Tuesday night. Except that there wasn't sleeping... in fact, if you can believe it, there was actually more drinking. Which I am pretty sure was the result of the following three things:
1. Some guy saying, "chics from Texas can't drink."
2. My being seated next to the guy with the free drinking tickets.
3. Being on a business trip... what is it about being in another state for the purpose of work that makes you want to consume more alcohol than you would ever normally consume??
The difference in Monday night and Tuesday night was that on Monday, I was just out with three dudes. Tuesday, I was out with like twenty people. There was a whole group of us out playing pool and talking shop and telling wild and horribly inappropriate stories.
So when we finally stumbled back to the hotel at 1am, I needed to sleep. A lot. So you can imagine my surprise when not one, not two, not three but FOUR guys showed up at my room over the course of the next hour (just as I can imagine your surprise that I sent all four of them back to their rooms). I had as many phone calls and at two, I had to unplug my phone and put the little privacy thingy on my door so I could get some sleep.
Wednesday was a short day, ending at noon so everyone could get to the airport. And I was so ready for the airport and the two flights it would take me to get home. My plane to Nashville left at 4pm EST and landed in Nashville at around 5pm CST. I sat next to the coolest guy on the flight to Nashville and had an effing awesome time chatting with him about guys (as he was gay). The two hours just flew by. My flight was supposed to leave Nashville at 6:50pm and land in San Antonio at 8:50pm which would have put me home at around 10pm. However, when we should have been getting ON our plane, it was still on the runway in Ohio due to thunderstorms. It sat on the runway in Ohio for three hours which means I sat in the Nashville airport for almost five hours before I even got on my plane to come home.
I spent the flight from Nashville to San Antonio flirting with the most adorable dude who lives in Nashville but was flying into San Antonio just for a quick business trip. And it occurred to me at that time that that's really all flying is used for these days. Ok, not ALL but mostly. Everyone is commuting via plane. Hardly any families going on vacation any more. Just one person after another perfecting their slideshows on their laptops as they hop from one city to another for business. When I finally landed in San Antonio at a little after eleven, I picked up my luggage, gave cute boy my number and went home.
I spent Thursday and Friday just pushing my way through knowing that the only thing truly keeping me going was the promise of a completely empty schedule for my weekend. One that would allow for sleeping and lounging. Which is pretty much what the girls and I did today. We vegged out in front of the tv in our PJs.
It was rad.
And on that note, I am off to bed. It is very good to be home.
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 9:25 PM
| link to this post | 0 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer