Tuesday, September 26, 2006
TV reviews for those of us not getting laid.
Hey there ya'll.
I'm still here...
And to be perfectly honest with you, part of the reason for my absence is that I have a lot going on but I can't blog about any of it on account of how many people who know me in real life actually know about my blog.
So, let's talk of other things...
"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

Yeah, I know, random... It's the drugs.
So, this weekend is my weekend to reunite with The Therapist and short of having NO idea what I am going to wear (and a half a million other insane paranoia's), I am really excited about it.
I would be more excited if I didn't have a sore throat and feel as though I am on the cusp of being sick.
No worries though since I am fighting that little bug with Aleve Cold & Sinus and a double shot of NyQuil in the evenings.
Why?
Because NyQuil rocks.
So what can we talk about?
There is always Grey's Anatomy? No?
Yeah, I understand. It's been done...
However, there are a slew of new shows that I TIVOed last week that I can tell you about?
You know, if you are REALLY FUCKING BORED.

SMITH
This is very Ocean's Eleven.. only in a made-for-tv kind of way.
You're almost mad at them for trying to cram a movie into 40 minutes (on account of commercials).
The gist of it is that the main character has his band of like 5 or 6 peeps who help him pull of these big heists. Or so one would assume. If you have seen the first episode (which aired last week), then you would know that they seriously fouled it up. They didn't get all the paintings that they were trying to steal AND one of the guys died.
Not an overly stellar way to start off a show.
However, there is all the underlying drama of the characters because unlike Ocean's Eleven, you are able to stick your characters with story lines as well that can carry on through several more episodes. So, "Smith's" wife is constantly acting as though she knows what her husband is up to AND at the end of the episode she is with her probation officer discussing her drug problem and how long she has been clean. The guy who died? Yeah well his wife was telling another guy how she wished she had married him instead... so, you know, little pieces of drama to look forward to later.
If I had to rate it here on LOC, I would wait a few more weeks before giving you a for sure answer, but based on the first episode, I would say...
It's worth recording so you have something to watch on the weekend but you would have a hard time deciding whether to watch Smith or the Cake Decorating Competition on The Food network.

6 DEGREES
Ok, first of all, you can watch this first episode on abc.com right now, if you feel so inclined.
You're going to think i am an idiot but the meaning of the name for this show completely eluded me initially and it wasn't until I actually watched it and the main dude (who narrates) started off on his little tirade: There is a theory that anyone on the planet is connected to any other person through a chain of six people...
So, then it hits me... HOLY SHIT! Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon!
(Which I have ALWAYS been really awful at playing... I'm not sure why. Probably because the only two movies I've ever actually watched that had Kevin Bacon in them were the one where he is invisible and Foot Loose and I don't remember any of the other actors.... except in the invisible one he was in the movie with the chic that played the babysitter AND the girl with the heart problem with Val Kilmer in The Saint... which is a really good movie, btw)
So, I liked this show and NOT just because I have to TIVO it to see the end of Grey's Anatomy either. The characters were good, there are enough of them to keep you busy and the end of the show? Wow. Go, watch it. Tell me what you think.
I liked it enough that it would totally win out over the Cake Decorating Competition on The Food Network.

JERICHO
I am still trying to decide on Jericho. You see, they won my heart right away with the music. Which, I of course, can't remember ANY of right now, but trust me AWESOME music.
The show is basically about this guy who comes home to have his dad sign over his inheritance money. He has been gone for like five years (very Grosse Point Blank) and is telling every one different reasons for his absence so we really don't know what is going on, but his mom does. Also, his dad tells him no. So he loads up into his HOT ASS car and leaves to go back to California and then gets into an accident when he is looking at the giant mushroom cloud off in the distance.
The show is about the whole town, which is small and isolated, and the high probability that the USA has been bombed and is going to war.
I am still up in the air about this one as well.
I would rate it the last thing I would watch if I had a bunch of shows TIVOed.

STUDIO 60
Ok, last one because I need to get to work.
let me just say, I don't think I have ever seen so many stars on a pilot of ANYTHING, ever.
ABC has high hopes for this show and I have to say that I agree with them. It is basically, what I would equate to a show about Saturday Night Live.
It's about the actors and producers and all the other folks behind the scenes making the show happen. I don't really understand it yet, but I do like it :) It's fast paced and witty and intriguing. Matthew Perry, as usual, kicks ass. (We love him.) And Amanda Peet is also kicking a fair amount of ass.
Anyway, I like it. I think you should watch it.
And as far as rating it... I would watch this show before I would watch the actual Saturday Night Live.

Ok kiddies, back to work. That's all for the TV reviews here on LOC.
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 6:47 AM
| link to this post | 9 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer