Friday, September 08, 2006
"What have you been up to, Kate?"
Several times in the last few days, some one has asked me that. Sadly, I am not sportin' a kick ass answer as I've really not been up to much. So, this should be a fairly short update post :)

1. JOB: Job is good. Moto bene! For those of you who missed it when I briefly mentioned it before, I am doing purchasing for an aquatic distribution company. I am also, much to my disbelief, in charge of all of our IT stuff. Now, those of you who know me (and have called/emailed/stopped by so I could fix your computer) know that I am "handy" with a PC. I can usually help you out with your minorish (28th official word created on LOC) stuff. So when my boss said that she wanted to let our IT guy focus strictly on sales and have me take over the day to day IT upkeep, I thought hey, no problem, I've done this before... and then I saw the whole office full of Macs and thought oh, fuck me running... I've never even used a Mac!
Last week, I installed our new Mac server on our hybrid network :)
Awwww yeah.
Anyway, the job rocks. I really like it. Having been in sales at Fantasy Disco Ford for three years, it is cool as shit to not have to try and sell people stuff. They want to buy it! So when I get a phone call from someone who just wants to place an order it is a helluva lot easier than when I used to have to con people out of their phone numbers. I am really digging everyone I work with too which is amazing. There are less than ten of us in the whole company and I actually like everyone! What are the odds?
Oh and come on! The whole behind the scenes at Sea World thing? FUCKING RAD.

2. KIDS: Kids are cool. School has been in full swing for almost a month. Triniti was riding the bus for the first few days but then suddenly decided that the bus sucked big hairy ones. She and I were standing outside on the third day of school waiting for the bus to pull up and when it did she let go of my hand and ran at full speed to the house, slamming the door behind her. I of course am standing in front of the school bus feeling much like someone who's date had just bailed out the bathroom window. I've tried much bribing/threatening but to no avail. So, my new morning routine does involve me cruising from the house to the school which adds about 15 minutes worth of driving to my day. The fucked up thing? Trin has NO problem at all riding the bus in the afternoons. In fact, when I pick her up from daycare she is so effing jazzed about it that she pleads with me to let her ride the bus again. But in the morning, she'd rather be burned alive than get on that damn bus.
Emilee is doing wonderfully with her grades. When she gets home on Thursday, she will proudly exclaim, "Here's my folder Mommy and there isn't one paper under ninety in the WHOLE thing!" And there isn't. However, she is clearly already bored since her behavior folder has had no less than two marks a week in it. We've had this problem every year since kindergarten. She can't help herself and she ends up getting marks for talking or not listening but her report card will be straigh A's. Last year I really think she would have done well if they had bumped her up but I won't be pushing for that this year since we didn't do as much advanced stuff over the summer. She wants to sign up for everything. Cheerleading, 4H, soccer, football, choir... everything! Which I think is just another sign that she isn't feeling fulfilled with school alone. But it is still very early in the year and she takes the TAKS test this year so hopefully she will start to feel busier soon.
Amanda... man, my poor fanciulla. She is having a rough time right now. Her and Camille are in different classes for the first time ever and she is really upset about that. And to top that off, the little dude she has had a crush/friendship with for the last year or two is moving. Apparently his house burned down over the summer and he didn't come to school this year when it started. Amanda heard through the grapevine that he is moving to Utah to live with his mom. She came home, after hearing the news, and cried for an hour in her bed. Her grades aren't bad but we are certainly seeing some grades this year that have NEVER come home with my kids before... I can tell she is getting stressed out because she is cranky almost every day so I've put off signing the girls back up for gymnastics until October. I'm hoping that everything in her world will smooth out here in the upcoming weeks.

3. CAR MINI-VAN: Picked up my ride from the shop yesterday. She is running so wonderfully, it's like having a new new car. Amazing what a new transmission can do for ya! And to think, the whole time I had the ride I totally felt sorry for mini-van owners everywhere. I thought that they must hate driving these beasts on account of how jerky and weird they are. Now, it's like driving a completely different vehicle. And THANK GOODNESS for factory warranties. I had to cough up fifteen bucks because when I brought her in, there was nary a drop of gas in her (because I was too fucking scared to take it to a gas station on account of how it wouldn't switch gears and all). Now, it's just a smooth ride. You can't even tell it is switching gears! Of course, the greasy mechanics left dust and dirty finger prints so I had to armor-all the interior last night but other than that, totally awesome! Which is cool because....

4. THE THERAPIST: I have such a hard time trying to convey how truly fucking awesome it has been to reunite with The Therapist. We have spoken several times now and once we get going, boy do we have a hard time getting off of the phone! After the initial call that lasted six. hours. I still wanted to call the boy up the next day and just keep talking. It's probably on account of having so much to catch up on. And I can't even begin to explain how truly wonderful it is to be able to jump back into such a great friendship. I keep going over and over in my mind trying to remember how it was that we lost each other in the first place. I can't seem to get a full grasp on it so I have to chalk it up to my leaving town after I got pregnant with Amanda and never really looking back. Just in the time that I have spent talking to The Therapist, I have been reminded of so many things that I must have just blocked out about my childhood/teenaged years. So I think when I left there and started My Own Life, I left it all behind and so very sadly him as well.
But, that is all in the past.
Because we have plans for me to drive up to Austin and spend an entire weekend with him on the 29th. We are going to hang out and he can tell me all of the things he has been wanting to tell me on the phone but has instead said, "Kate, it's too long of a story, I'm saving it for when you are here."

5. MY WEEKEND: Tonight I am FINALLY going to get to use the tickets I bought like four months ago! Ruthie and I are going to see Brian Regan in San Antonio. I am way psyched about it and the only way I would be MORE psyched is if he were going on one hour earlier so I could leave afterwards and go see The Goo Goo Dolls... but, no Goo Goo Dolls for this chic, I will have to see them the next time they are here. Tomorrow I am planning to meet up with someone I have been friends with for a few years... she is flying in from California for work and will be in town for the next few days so we have plans to get our kids together tomorrow to hang out. AND this weekend is the infamous September Party. Remember last year? Oh come on! There were like two painful hours of listening to THAT guy talk about his ex! I was fantasizing about poking his eyes out for the first hour, the second hour it was my own eyes. JUST MAKE IT STOP! Anyway, yeah. That party is this weekend as well. So, busy busy busy :)

ps. The word of the day is:
Italian: dubbio
English: doubt
Sign up for your word a day here.
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 8:51 AM
| link to this post | 3 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer