Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Spinning.
So, in the way of a second opinion, I set up another appointment with another doctor. I didn't tell this new doctor anything about what the other doctor had said. I only called and told her about my daughter and all of the things we had been going through. This new doctor almost mocked me. She didn't seem to believe that there was anything going on and rather that I had a spoiled rotten little girl. After the last few weeks with everything going on, I was in no mood for her attitude and told her flat out that (a) I didn't have enough flexibility in my schedule to be dealing with someone who didn't take my concerns seriously and (b) that my daughter is the furthest thing from bad and she could see that for herself.
The reason I chose this doctor is because she will go to the school and observe my daughter there as well as during appointments and she is local (which is SOOOO nice after you drive to San Antonio for the umpteenth time).
But, it was more like a dare. Her daring me to bring my kid and me daring her to tell me that she was rotten. Needless to say, I wasn't thrilled about rushing off to this appointment on Monday afternoon. When we arrived, she was very nice and she recognized my daughter immediately as she had been observing another child in her class. And by the end of the appointment, her initial attitude was long forgotten.
Before we left, she looked at me very gravely and gave me the same news the other doctor had given me.
And you know, dear reader, it doesn't feel any less shocking to hear it for the second time. It rushes over you and brings forth all of the motions that you would feel if you were about to cry... And that was really what I wanted to do. Not because I think that there is anything wrong with my daughter and not because this is horrible news but because she is alone in this. No matter how much I am there and her sisters are there, really, she is alone with this. I'll never know how it feels to be her. And that is not something any mother ever wants to feel.
Now we move forward. This is the second "preliminary diagnoses" and enough to push us towards getting the "official diagnoses". I've been referred to all the right people and am setting up all of the necessary appointments. I've been instructed by both doctors to do my research so I've googled more information than I even knew existed on the "condition" and I've barely scratched the surface.
But it is such a relief to know. I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it is to know that this is normal behavior for her. It's easier to help her now that I am learning about how her little mind works. And yes, it is nice to know that it isn't something I am doing. After Wednesday (the 25th), we will know for sure if it is Asperger's and then we can choose the road to take.
I can't thank ya'll enough.
I've had more emails in the last few weeks than I could even begin to respond to. It amazes me how many of you that I know are dealing with this on some level and I never had any idea. I promise, one day, I will actually have the time again to reply to all of you.
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 8:30 AM
| link to this post | 4 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer