Friday, April 03, 2009
not so much "puppy"
So apparently the lady who sent me the picture of the puppy and I had a misunderstanding on the whole age thing...
I heard "three months" and saw the picture and thought I was getting a puppy. Apparently she had already owned the dog for three months and she said she got him when he was three months old which would make him more like six months old.
His age doesn't bother me. In fact, I wanted a dog that was old enough to hold his pee from bedtime until morning. I consider that particular ability to be a good one.
I was a little concerned about how it would all fly once I got the little dude home.
When I went to meet the person who was getting rid of him, it was... well, interesting covers it. She was very obviously one of those people who gets puppy for her kids and when the puppy stops being cute and starts needing to be trained, it's too much work. She openly admitted to a few things that solidified to me that I had made a good choice.
She had moved from a house where she had a back yard to an apartment. This isn't to say that I think that that people who live in apartments shouldn't have dogs. Lots of people who live in apartments are good dog owners. This chic wasn't.
Once she moved into the apartment, the doggie pretty much lived in the kennel. When they were gone, he was crated. At night, he was crated.
She did say she walked him twice a day.
The last thing that really killed me was when she told me "his muzzle is in the bag"... I was like what? He has a muzzle?
She then went on to explain that whenever she did let him out of the kennel in the apartment, she kept him muzzled so he wouldn't chew on things.
Wow. Yeah because puppies shouldn't be allowed to have anything to chew on.
He was absolutely a rude little thing when I arrived, all excited and jumping up on me. And for someone who is being walked twice a day, he has no idea how to behave on a leash. But he is a sweet boy. And just in the hour he spent in the car with me, I already had him obeying my "NO" when he started trying to chew on stuff in the backseat. I redirected him by giving him a bone and he was perfectly content with that. He just wants to break in all those baby teeth.
When we got him home Tucker was in HEAVEN. He and Tucker ran around the yard all afternoon just like ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod, there is dog here, he wants to play with me, holy shit, let's run over here, did I show you this part of the yard yet? What's that smell? ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod!
Lila was a little less excited since she doesn't like to share Tucker and Chica just smelled him and then looked at me like really? You couldn't have gotten another plant instead? At least we know when you get a plant that it will be gone in a few months. And then she walked back inside and climbed under the blankets on my bed where she resigned herself again to this life where she has to deal with other canine animals. Oh, the horror.
Fairy, who works at a Vet Clinic, was there yesterday afternoon and she said that she doesn't think he is six months old, maybe three or four and that he is going to be BIG. We will take him in to get shots and neutered next week and get all the info we can from our vet. The lady said his mother is full blooded husky and the dad was a border collie but Fairy says no. She says the husky is there but that he looks like he's crossed with a shepherd.
The girls of course love him. Technically, he is Amanda's dog. And if she is actually as responsible as she wants to be, then he will stay that way.
I don't think it should be too hard for her since he came in last night, went straight into his crate by her bed and went to sleep and we never heard a peep out of him all night long. Tucker wore his ass out.
His name? Well, they had named him "Moo" because he looks like a cow with his spots, she said. So we wanted to keep the name similar to the one he already had although I personally don't think it would have made any difference as I truly don't think he knew his own name at all. Amanda named him Blue. Noah calls him Moose. So his official doggie name? Blue Moose.

Labels: , , , , ,

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 4:57 AM
| link to this post | 2 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer