Wednesday, March 16, 2005
History Lesson #1 (part two)
Oh, to be young and stupid. Young enough to think that the love I felt was more than a deep crush. Stupid enough to believe that living in a trailer park with AZ was my dream. That's the thing about 'love', it makes you believe that everything will be all right and it won't. Picture a just-turned sixteen year old sophomore, two months pregnant, living in a one bedroom trailer with an almost twenty year old emotionally unstable man. Imagine the roaches and the poverty. Imagine the table that folds away to make a bed. Imagine the meth-heads stopping by and swapping drugs for cash and cash for drugs. Imagine the dirty dishes and filthy trailer. Imagine the 16 year old girl sitting in the other room reading baby magazines in a cloud of naivete. I was three months pregnant when it hit me. When I came "home" from school and stepped into the tiny metal oven I was calling home and saw the mirror and razor blade on the table and the ashtray over flowing with cigarette buts and pot roaches. When I went to the pint sized refrigerator to get something to eat to ease the nausea and saw it empty except for two lone cans of beer. When I went to the bedroom and realized it was little more than a bed and it was filthy. When I looked around and realized that I was calling this "home"... I sat down and cried as reality slapped me hard in the face. My 'love' glasses fell off and shattered on the linoleum that was rolling away from the walls. This wasn't what I wanted for my life. What the fuck was I doing?
I sat down with AZ that day and told him I was out. I was out on the whole deal. There was no fucking way in hell I was going to have a baby in that filthy trailer and teach that baby the differences in beer brands and drug measurements. I told him I was giving the baby up for adoption and then I was going to carry out my original plan of going to college and becoming a computer programmer and that he was on his own. He took this as an 'emotional thing' seeing as how I was pregnant and he had watched some sitcoms at some point in time in his life. I convinced him that I was, indeed, serious. In fact, I had called the adoption people before he had come home from work and was meeting with them the next day. He freaked out, believe it or not the idea of losing me was pretty scary for him. He convinced me to stay and he would change our lives but he couldn't convince me to not look into adoption.
Two months later we were moved to a town near Houston living with his grandmother. He thought that if we got away from the town we were in and started over that we stood a better chance of getting away from the things that were keeping him down and he was right. Or at least, kind of right. His grandmother was nice enough but you could tell she didn't want us there and as it turned out I was the second pregnant chic to be brought back home to Granny. The first was by AZ's big brother. (Don't you just love tradition?) We moved up in the world. AZ got a stable job that paid a few bucks more than minimum wage and we moved from Granny's place to a two-bedroom mobile home. Well I wasn't a college graduate but it was clean and he was clean and all seemed right in my little corner of the world for a few months.
I was five months pregnant when M blew his brains out with a small revolver at his boyfriend's kitchen table. AZ blamed himself of course. I mean, he had abandoned his best friend for his knocked up girlfriend, who else could he blame? Looking back, this was the very beginning of the end.

continued...

Labels:

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 6:53 AM
| link to this post | 0 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer