Friday, April 22, 2005
Sea World (part one)

I know, I know... You were all checking this blog like crazy yesterday asking yourselves "where is Kate? Is she all right?" To answer your question, Kate is fine :) Kate was at *~*The Happiest Place On Earth*~* yesterday. No! Not Disney World, silly. Sea World. I spent the entire day at Sea World with my oldest daughter and every other second grader in the greater San Antonio area. It so totally rocked. Let me clarify: I have never been to Sea World before. Yeah, I know, I live a hop, skip, and a jump away. I just haven't ever really had the time, cash, or urge to go. When Amanda asked me a few weeks ago to accompany her, I declined. I blamed work but in reality I had a bad field trip experience last year (that you can read about here) and I didn't want a repeat performance. But Amanda had a plan and she slowly whittled away my reserve over the weekend stating repeatedly that I had went with Emilee last year and I had NEVER went with her on a field trip. Friday: I stood firm. Saturday: I wavered oh so slightly and mentioned in my defense that it was now to late to sign up because the forms were due the prior week. Saturday night: I laid in bed and wondered how much permanent damage I was doing to my daughter by neglecting her. I wondered how much time I had left before she decided that hanging out with her mom wasn't cool any more. I wondered if she would one day mention this field trip to a therapist and realize that this was when every thing started going wrong in her life. Sunday: I wrote a note to her teacher and practically begged to be allowed to go. I didn't get the discounted price of eight bucks since I waited so long but twenty bucks and several faxes later I was taking the day off work.

Now there is new (to me) thing that goes on for field trip now. When I was a kid, your parents just rode the bus with you to the field trip and it was fun (at least that one time my dad went with me to the museum it was). Parents can't ride the bus any more though, something about insurance. So instead, all the parents meet at the school and follow the bus. There are no less than thirty cars following the bus to the field trip destination. Now, I was prepared this time to follow the bus since I got lost going to the zoo last year. I got there early, got behind the bus, and patiently waited. This time I was going to be close to the bus not car number twenty fucking five. I did get temporarily seperated by a light this time, but followed the signs to Sea World and managed to find it :)
So there I am, paired with three other kids and three other parents off to explore the ocean type habitats of all the animals housed at Sea World. Wow, it was so cool that I am going to have to post pictures because I took something like two hundred of them. We went every where and I am not going to bore you with every little detail but my favorite part was feeding the dolphins. Oh wow. I was able to check off one of the things I absolutely HAD to do in my life and I was so excited. I probably freaked the other parents out, but I don't care because it was so awesome for me. I think that a lot of the other parents were just there to spend the day with their kids in an obligatory kind of way. Not me.. ok, besides that whole feeling like I was screwing up her life thing. I was having just as much if not more fun that my kid! Oh, it was awesome. So completely cool. We are so going back!


part two...
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 6:33 PM
| link to this post | 2 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer