Saturday, August 27, 2005
bad for my Karma
Ok, so months and months ago, when I was trying to get out there and date more, I signed up for Yahoo Personals and Plenty Of Fish and Hot or Not and probably a half a dozen other matchmaking type sites. My goal was to just put myself out there, be open to opportunities. I tried to respond to pretty much anyone who showed even the slightest glimmer of hope in being my match. I actually had a blog for this for awhile which Veronique and I co-wrote.
What happened was that time and time again I was faced with these guys who I wasn't interested in after a couple of emails. And when I lost Veronique, I lost pretty much any interest in dating at all. My heart wasn't in it. So, whenever I got a hit on one of my profiles, I usually just deleted it. Well, for the last few months, I have started responding again. Not because I have some interest in finding someone but more for the same reason that I was before - I am just putting myself out there.
But here is the problem, I have no interest. Period. At all. These guys hit my profile and then they email me and I am just like whatever. I could care less about what they have to say and I critique their emails like crazy. If something is spelled wrong or more likely a lot of things are spelled wrong, I just want to delete it. These guys don't even make me want to respond.
But, what's worse, is that I am so bored with it all that I actually forgot to respond to some guy who emailed me his pictures last week and got an email from him last night saying this "guess you don't have very much respect if you cant tell me my looks arent what your looking for i sent my pics back on the 19th, and its now the 26th so either something happened and or you want to just make me feel bad like the rest, good bye"
Here is where you picture me making that face. You know, the screwed up one you make when someone does something embarrassing. Geez, I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings for fucks sake. But, I did. And the thing is? The guy wasn't bad looking at all. I never even tried to see if we meshed, I just forgot about the shots and went on with my week. And now, he is thinking I rejected him because of his looks. What an ass I am.
So, now I have to go write this guy an apology and then I am heading to Yahoo and Plenty of Fish and every other friggen site I signed up on to delete my accounts. My head isn't there so my heart certainly isn't. Unless Mr. Right falls into my lap, I don't think I will ever meet him.
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 8:14 PM
| link to this post | 4 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer