Sunday, November 27, 2005
"It's ALIVE!!!"
...you know? Like from the movie? With the guy who is made from like seven different guys?

Ok, fine, I will refrain from other obscure references. Anyway, so feeling better! Yay! As in, I can swallow again. er-- wait, let me rephrase...
Wondering exactly how sick I was? Oh, please, let me tell you. I wasn't like all cough-cough I think I will call into work sick, nor was I oh, I think I ate something bad at the restaurant last night sick. I was couldn't get out of bed, taught my kids some fucked up version of sign language because I couldn't talk and needed liquids, forgot what day it was, prayed for death, drank two bottles of NyQuil, wouldn't take phone calls unless it was the Pope calling to read me my last rites, in so much pain that I didn't care about watching L&O, didn't cook Thanksgiving dinner because I am fucked up enough to think that the Turkey has feelings too, called my mother and asked for help after two days of a fever over 102.5, HUGGED my mother when she got here, wondered if I should call the Center For Disease Control to keep it contained kind of sick.
Oh yeah. "Hell" was an understatement. When I left for work Wednesday morning, I was kind of "eechh" but thought it was a sinus thing. So, I popped an Aleve Cold & Sinus (which is the shit, second only to the almighty NyQuil) and waited for it to kick the funk outta my head. Much to my surprise (and chagrin), it did no such thing. The further into the day I got, the funkier (take that spell checker!) I felt. Finally, I bailed from work a little after lunch time and grabbed some pizzas from Little Caesars and went to get the girls. We got home in between two and three and after hooking them up with some pizza and plopping them in front of the TV in their room, I checked on Ruthie. She was praying for death in the living room. I offered her a number of things, all of which she grunted her refusal. If only I had known that I was only a day behind her.
After changing out of my work clothes, I crashed in Amanda's bed until almost seven. When I woke up, I knew I was f-u-c-k-e-d. I got the girls to bed and took a massive dose of NyQuil and went to sleep. That is really the last thing I can remember that isn't under a haze of medication and evil sickness pain. There is a blur of NyQuil and thermometers and children and phone calls and the mess that can only be made by three kids that are only semi-supervised by two sick guardians.
The Cake Lady saved Thanksgiving by cooking my turkey and bringing it and mashed potatoes (which Amanda said were "the best ever"), gravy and stuffing over. She wins the whole Friend Of The Year Award. My mother came on Friday and saved my sanity. She made soup for Ruthie and I while we moaned and cried in are respective rooms. I hugged her when she got here. Hugged. Her.
When I was putting the girls to bed last night (and by that I mean, when I came in to say good night after my mom did all the work while I was laying in bed), Emilee asked me if I was feeling better. I told her yeah and she said "good, then it worked"... I asked her what she meant and she said "I wished on my wishbone that you would get better and now you are, so it worked." She used her wishbone wish on me! Too sweet.
So, I think I have met my "sick quota" for the remainder of the year. Thank you guys so much for the emails :)
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 12:09 AM
| link to this post | 3 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer