Friday, January 27, 2006
I bought a new car yesterday.
As most of you know, I have been trying to find a car to buy for about two years. Last year, instead of buying one, I ended up sticking my tax return in the bank and giving myself a financial safety net and some traveling money. I never found that perfect car.
But three days ago, dear readers, I found it.
You can click here to see more photos.


focus02



I hopped a ride with my co-worker to Houston since she was going to visit family anyway. And let me tell ya'll, the drive to Houston from San Antonio is quite possibly the most boring drive ever.
Ever.
There is nothing.
The most exciting thing I saw during those three hours were some oil rigs.
It was flat and yucky and boring.
Even if you drive from San Antonio to Dallas, you get to go through Marble Falls which is gorgeous.
There weren't even cows. I live in TEXAS! There weren't even cows.
When I drive to work in the mornings, I see cattle and horses and goats. I don't think I saw any animals. The landscape must have bored them to death.
Anyway,
the man I bought my car from is awesome. I highly recommend that you contact him the next time you are in the market for a car. He's a wholesaler and I got a kick ass deal. Let's just say that what I talked him down to would normally be considered a good sized down payment rather than the full price of the vehicle.
This morning when I pulled into the parking lot and the salesmen started mulling around asking questions, they were very impressed at the price. But fuck, I've been playing this game for a long time. If I can't get a car for wholesale price then what the hell am I doing here?
Anyway, I met a friend and fellow blogger after I got the car so we could go out for Chinese and say hey to each other.



DSCF0025


We sat in this restaurant discussing things that you need to be several tables away from other people in order to discuss. It was fucking awesome. At one point, this family came in and sat like four tables over from us. They ordered their drinks and then moved to a table at the front of the restaurant.
I'd like to think that was because of us.
Because it would be so very "delinquent".
My friend swears she has the most perfect of men for me. I am waiting for pictures. I should be in Houston again in April so maybe *hint* she will invite him too...
(Speaking of men, Teacher boy called me Tuesday... said he would call again this weekend. I'll elaborate further in another post.)
Anyway,
Hot Toddy left this comment on my post yesterday: My wish for you is that she will reach out to you in some amazing way so that you will know you are loved.
I wanted so badly to have her with me yesterday. She totally would have went. And then she would have done something crazy like buying me dolphin seat covers... I kept thinking maybe she was with me and looking for something to make me feel like she was...
Then, when I met up with my friend in Houston, she is standing behind the car checking it out and
she says "Hey. Aren't you going to be 26 this year?"
I said "Yup."
she says "and today is the 26th?"
I said "Yes..."
She points at the license plate on the back of the car and she says "Then I guess you were meant to have this car since there is a '26' on the license plate."
When I looked at it, my heart skipped a beat. Not only was there a '26' but...



focus10





so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 6:02 AM
| link to this post | 10 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer