Saturday, July 08, 2006
pre-planning
So, the Insurance Guy who called me yesterday to ask me a few questions about The Focus was very nice. He asked me about the damage to the car and everytime I answered he would say either "uh-huh" or "okay" in a very that's not so bad kind of way. That lasted right up until the last few questions. It went something like this:

Him: Which part of the car hit the deer?
Me: Well, it was pretty much head on. You can see, right in the very middle of the hood, where the deer impacted the car. Dead center.
{No pun intended}
Him: Uh-huh... So, there is damage to the hood then?
Me: Significant damage. And to the bumper.
Him: Uh-huh... and the radiator?
Me: Well, we couldn't exactly pop the hood open, but just from looking under it, because it is all bent up, you could see that the radiator isn't... well, isn't where it is supposed to be. It is definitely damaged but not leaking. In fact, nothing was leaking.
Him: Okay, how about the fenders?
Me: Fenders seemed fine to me, as did the doors.
Him: Uh-huh... and the tires?
Me: All fine.
Him: Okay, what about the airbags? Did they go off?
Me: Yes. Both of them.
Him: Ohhh... And the windshield?
Me: Totally broken.
Him: Hmmmm, ok... probably from the airbags?
{Up until this moment, I was wondering exactly which part of the accident had shattered the windshield.}
Me: I guess so. I hadn't really put that together.
Him: Almost every time airbags go off, they shatter the windsheild.
Me: Ahhh, that explains it then.
Him: Ok, so I have to tell you this so you are prepared, there is a pretty good chance we will "total" the car. When airbags go off, we usually do. I just want you to be prepared for that.
Me: Well, ever since I spoke to the other chic this morning and she said that, I have been thinking about what to do if you guys do. And I want you to know, that I am ok with that.
Him: That's good to know. So, if I am on the wall with whether to "total" it or not, you are ok with me totaling it?
Me: Yes.
Him: Ok, well then I think I have everything covered.. I will be contacting you Monday to let you know one way or the other. Do you have any questions?
Me: Nope. I may later though...

So, basically, I am car shopping.
Just in case.
Since I don't have rental car coverage, I will be paying daily for "thinking" time if I have to start shopping. And those of you who know me and know me well know that I over-prepare for everything anyway.
So much so in fact that I had already started to think about what kind of car I would get after The Focus almost immediately after having got The Focus.
And that car was supposed to be in two or three years and was going to be The Ford Freestyle:

freestyle

I love wagons and hatchbacks.
I'm just weird that way.
However, the Chrysler Pacifica seems to be more available and even a little cheaper for equal or better options. And both seat six or seven which is a MUST in the next car. I love The Focus but if I have to replace her, it will be to seat more people.

pacifica

The guy I bought my last car from doesn't have any Freestyles right now but may next week. He does have Freestars and Pacificas. I would consider the Fresstar if I HAD to. I don't have the "I hate minivans" t-shirt and I would drive one, I just prefer the wagons.

freestar

So, what do you guys think???
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 12:06 PM
| link to this post | 17 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer