Monday, July 30, 2007
On being called out...
The other day, my boss asked me to go and look at a couple of the houses that we have for sale and to pick out an accent wall or two and a color for those walls. No pressure right? Just potentially fuck up three houses, I pointed out to my boss that, in case he may have forgotten, I am the girl who just painted her office purple...
from the door

He just smiled and said, "I'm sure you will pick out colors that everyone would like."
Are you? Because I can't swear that I am.
So, I grabbed the keys for these three houses and then went to them, one by one and sat in them. I walked through the entire house and sat in the main rooms from every possible angle. Then I picked the wall(s) and color(s) and moved to the next house.
It was actually kind of fun and I hope that they end up looking as awesome as they did in my mind :)
*fingers crossed*
Anyway, on the third house I went up to unlock the door and found it standing open. I stepped back but looked through the glass door and found that the house was still being put together. There was a roll of carpet on the floor and other supplies that I could clearly see from where I stood so I thought maybe the door was open on account of how there were people inside doing work on the house. But this time, as I went to open the glass door, it swung open at me and I was standing face to face with a reasonably attractive man who was several inches taller than me and wearing glasses.
I asked him the first question that came to mind, "Oh, are ya'll still working on this one?" He gave me a sort of puzzled look and answered, "I don't work here." I stammered out an "Oh." on account of how I was surprised. We don't let people just cruise around inside of houses unaccompanied by anyone and especially in incomplete houses. As I walked in, he walked out and as he closed the door, he asked me to make sure I locked it on my way out. I was further confused but went about my task of choosing a paint color for this last house.
A few minutes later, back in my office, I was making notes and a couple of sketches of the colors and areas of color I liked the most when I saw the tall cute dude walk by my office. He hadn't seen me, but I put aside what I was working on in case he should walk by again so I could say hello. Sure enough, a few minutes later, he walked back by and stopped, smiled and said, "So you work here." I said that I did and then asked him what it was that he was doing. He explained to me that he was from an insurance company that we apparently insure our homes with and he was just "verifying stock". So I asked him where he was from and he said San Antonio and then I was going to ask him something else and my next-door-office-neighbor (whom we can refer to as Jokeman) poked his head in to ask me something, putting a solid halt to my quasi-flirting.
Now a little history on Jokeman: we like him. He is funny and a ball of energy. He flirts some but has a girlfriend (and given my last experience at work, with a dude with a girlfriend, we aren't EVEN going there!). Mostly he is just fun to hang out with. He is a good next-door-office-neighbor.
So as he comes in and the insurance guy heads to my boss' office, I look up to see what he wants. Jokeman sets a paper down on my desk, glances over his shoulder to insure that insurance guy is gone and then says in his girliest sound-like-Kate tone, "So, why don't you just come into my office and close the door huh?"
I was caught off guard and looked up at him and said, "What?" He says, "Oh, come off it! You were totally flirting with him! So, what do you do? And you live in San Antonio?"
Now, I was. Don't get me wrong, but I didn't expect anyone to be listening - let alone call me out on it.
I told him to shut it as I felt my face flush about three different shades of red which was surely a combination of the surprise and embarrassment of having someone I work with totally pay attention to me trying to get a number.
Something I probably wouldn't have done if I had known I was being listened to.
Jokeman laughs and takes off down the hallway as Boss takes Insurance Guy outside to show him something. I grab my empty glass and take it down the same hallway to the water machine. Jokeman is standing in the copy room with cute boy I have a crush on (who still doesn't have a name) and they are talking about something work-related but as soon as Jokeman sees me walking up, he changes what he's saying and says. "So then Kate is all like So, where do you live? Do you want to just climb up on my desk?" Now I'm torn between being mortified that he just called me out in front of the boy I like and being a little grateful that now the boy I like knows I am flirting which is to imply that I am single and available should he ever actually decide to talk to me.
I go back to my office and have no sooner sat down when Jokeman and another guy I work with (the names, the names, I so need to think of names!) walk in right behind me. As they walk in, Jokeman says, "So Kate was just totally throwing herself at him." And the other guy is happily playing along seeing as how they have me razzed. I say, "fine, so I was flirting a little. If either of you had went the last year without having sex, you might be flirting a little too."
And as I say the very last part, as it leaves my mouth, Insurance Guy walks by my office door tactfully not looking in.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 12:21 PM
| link to this post | 1 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer