Thursday, November 29, 2007
My Jones Fracture: Two weeks in
Surgery: December 3rd
Met with my podiatrist yesterday and set up surgery for Monday. I have to be there at 6am. The Cake Lady is totally kicking herself for offering to take me :P
He showed me my CT scans which I didn't ask for since they look EXACTLY like the x-rays (what was the point in that???)... but basically the bone is completely broken and not touching the other bone. There is at least a millimeter of distance between the severed bone peices (freaking metric system). There is a small chance that the bone will mend but it just isn't a gamble I'm willing to take.
Here's a question though (and don't laugh), do they take the screw out later? Or are you just setting off airline beeper systems for the rest of your life?
I feel like I don't even know my own body here. Yesterday when we unwrapped (and I am such a bad blogger for not bringing my camera but DAMN it is hard to carry shit) my foot, it was huge still. Huge people. And the colors... I couldn't believe it was still so swollen. My doctor said that my goal for the weekend should be to get the swelling down before Monday. When I asked him why it was so swollen he said that my body was sending three times as much blood to my foot to help fix it.
And then the whole drive home I was trying to figure out how that would cause it to swell.
Did it mean that my whole foot was full of blood just swishing around?
If I cut myself would blood just pour out?
Or is the tissue in my foot some how more full of blood then it was before?
What kind of tissue does one even have in their foot?
And how could it get bigger? Isn't tissue already at whatever size it can be?
If it stays like this will I end up with all this extra stretched out skin down there?
If there is more blood down there in my foot, is there blood missing from some other part of my body? Like my brain? Because my brain sure feels like it is missing some blood.
It's all so confusing!
And Google was of no help.
It kept on sending me articles that had nothing to do with what I wanted to know. It was all like, "Here's the thing Kate, you are using every day words and so I have to send you to every day answers... You're searching "swollen, foot, blood, break" - that is going to take you to a page about broken foot with swollen and blood being used as symptoms... were you to use technical words maybe I could send you to technical answers... then again, most people who actually know these technical terms don't even need to look them up. So... your stupid."
Hey, thanks Google.
I just don't understand it all. I fell like an alien in my body.
It was like that one time that The Therapist was trying to explain how anti-depressants worked. I think it took him like three hours before I understood it. And it was cool but I could never explain it to someone else.
I need a nap.

Labels: , ,

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 10:39 AM
| link to this post | 5 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer