Monday, February 11, 2008
She said "uterus".
Friday night, when I got home from the grocery store, I was standing in front of my pantry surrounded by all of my groceries. I was looking into the three separate cabinets, which were completely unorganized, trying to decide where in the sam hell I was about to put all of my food.
Then something happened.
My pantry looked at me and decided she liked me.
I don't know what it was... maybe she liked my hair in pigtails or she had overheard me say something nice to one of the girls... maybe she really liked the previous owner and was just having a hard time accepting "the new people" or maybe she just felt sorry for me because I have stood there every time I put groceries away and had no idea where anything went.
So she let me in.
Suddenly, I just knew where everything went.
And it was so exciting that I just couldn't even move boxes and cans fast enough to where I now knew they belonged.
I was so excited that my pantry liked me.
So I got up Saturday morning feeling good, feeling more welcomed by my house. And that feeling just lasted all weekend. While I slept, the pantry spoke to the cabinets who spoke to the dishwasher and word spread from the kitchen to the bathrooms and the living rooms and the next morning I had all of this.. clarity.
I suddenly knew where so much stuff went! It was so awesome.
And by the end of the weekend, my kitchen was completed.
It's so awesome.

* ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~


On Friday Noah called me from work and said that he had just found a half a pallet of area rugs in the warehouse at the company where he works. He had me pull them up online and look at them and then asked me if I would be interested in buying them. I pulled them up but they sold online for like $650 a pop! I told Noah I didn't think we could afford them but he said he was just going to see if his boss wanted to unload them since they don't sell them anymore.
So he offered him $300 for five.
And the boss said sure.
So we have five brand new five by seven and six by eight rugs.
Which I love.

* ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~


Saturday evening I mentioned to Noah that I needed to go and get new shoes (per my podiatrist) and that I was thinking about running into San Antonio and taking Amanda with me. Mostly because I needed new shoes but also because I wanted to have Part One of The Talk with Amanda.
Amanda is eleven.
And Amanda has been wearing a bra now for almost two years.
Because she is getting boobs.
Boobs people.
With that in mind, I thought it might be a good time to have The Period Talk.
So as Amanda and I were driving into San Antonio, I sat nervously in the driver's seat making idle chit chat with my kid trying to think of a cool way to work in "Hey Amanda, what do you know about periods??"
And it isn't that I am afraid to talk to her about this stuff, it's that I am afraid she won't want to talk to me about it. I want so very badly to manage to have a relationship with all three of my daughters where we are comfortable talking to each other about everything. And I know I am stretching because there are three of them and we are all very different. But Amanda was so cool. We just talked about it like we talk about everything else. And she was telling me all the scientific stuff she knew.
And people?
She actually said "uterus".
And I didn't wreck the car.
She is very well informed (based mostly I think on the fact that she took a class in school last year which covered the scientific parts of The Talk: Part One). Our talk went very well and we had a great "date night" out together.

Labels: , , , ,

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 7:06 AM
| link to this post | 0 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer