Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Pretending to be domesticated...
So, my brother is insisting that we buy new cookware and dinnerware and bakeware and silverware.
That's a helluva lot of "wares"...
But I'm all "sure, I'll take care of it..." thinking hey, it's shopping, it's bound to be fun!
Wrong.
I looked around online for a few hours and then I called my brother and I was all, "uhm, so I was thinking we don't really need new pots and pans and dishes and shit. The ones we have are fine."
And he is all, "Kate, get new stuff. Your stuff is old. And shitty. And you can afford new stuff so get new stuff. Did I mention shitty?"
And I was all, "No, I don't want to."
Then there ensued a conversation about how most of my current cookware was given to me when I was broke and moving into a house and had no stuff. And so it was second hand cookware that had "seen better days" and doesn't match and is falling apart and WHY IN THE HELL WON'T YOU JUST BUY NEW SHIT KATE?
I skulked off and pouted about it for awhile and then admitted to my brother that I don't know my ass from good cookware or bakeware. Or hasn't he noticed in the last almost year that we have been living together that I hardly ever cook? And when I do it's because it's either A) Microwavable, B) From Freezer to Oven, or C) Pasta and Chicken.
ps. I make awesome pasta.
Given that little morsel of knowledge, wouldn't one assume that I am not the best person to make major purchases for kitchen? Unless it's a coffeemaker because I rock at buying those. Mostly because I have a tendency to break things and after you've broken like nine carafes, you are a coffeemaker buying goddess.
My brother told me to handle it and then refused to listen to me bitch about it anymore.
So I did what any smart chic would do, I called The Cake Lady. And we had a lengthy discussion about cookware and bakeware and she is all excited and I am trying to stay awake AND retain all of the knowledge she is giving me about various types of cooking apparatuses.
ps. this did not happen
I'm all, "I should just buy whatever it is that YOU have, your stuff looks good." And then she is all, "Well, you should see what different sets are out there because the set I have may not be the set that you will use." And I was all, "YOU MEAN THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT KINDS OF SETS?"
And then I cried.

So I've put the whole bakeware and cookware and silverware thing on hold but decided this morning to peruse some of the dinnerware. Usually when I do this, I can look at dishes for all of like thirty minutes and then my brain starts screaming at me: Stop it Kate! Stop it right now or I am leaving!!! And I am fairly certain my brain has bailed out before, so I take these threats seriously.
But this morning, on overstock.com, I actually found a few sets that I like. Even though I think that they are ridiculously expensive.
Check it out people. Which one would you pick?




ps. I pretty much can't stand the coffee cups on all of them. But that's because I like HUGE coffee cups. And I guess I could find HUGE coffee cups that matched one or both of the colors on the plates and use those instead.
Like anyone actually uses coffee cups with the dinner dishes anyway.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 5:44 AM
| link to this post | 10 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer