Monday, October 27, 2008
Blast from the past...
As most of you know, I have been in communication with Amanda and Emilee's dad now since May. He and I wrote each other quite frequestly in May, June, July & then in August, he was released from prison. And since his release our communication has lessened considerably which I have to say surprises me. I thought that he would continue to write and email often. Maybe that is because in my mind, I felt like I was helping keep him grounded. And maybe I really wasn't... I don't know. In any case, we have emailed back and forth a few times and he asks about the girls and says he's doing ok.
Through his sister-in-law, I learned that he had been working with his brother and had been hearing that he was actually keeping his shit together so much as they could tell and I decided last week to try and get in touch with him for a call. (I'm all queen of the babysteps.) So his SIL emailed me the number to his girlfriend's place (which is apparently where he is living now) and I called. She answered and sounded super nice but apparently it was a cell phone and she was at work. She assured me she would pass the message along that I had called. This was all on Saturday night. Sunday afternoon he called me back.
Here's the weird thing, I don't get all freaked out with the butterflies in my stomach about him. I'm not nervous about talking to him. I literally had no emotion about it except that I wanted to get outside so no one would know who I was talking to.
He is so defeated. So very very very defeated. Life has just kicked him and he is staying down. I asked him how he was and he said he was ok but repeatedly said "life sucks" & the only time he seemed to perk up was when he talked about the "old days" when he & I were together. In fact, his new girlfriend and I have the same name and when he told me that I said something about how that was a little weird and he said "yeah, I make her dress up like you..."
Anyway, the reason I had called him was to ask him if he was interested in calling Amanda on her birthday (in three weeks). He said he would be and thanked me and that was pretty much it. We were on the phone for less than seven minutes.

Labels: ,

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 11:43 AM
| link to this post | 3 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer