Saturday, January 17, 2009
as mentioned on facebook
A few weeks ago, I mentioned to Snowelf on the phone that I was pretty much prospect-less in the realm of dudes. The few that I had, for various purposes, have all for one reason or another because unavailable. Which is fine. So I tell Snow about this on the phone and then on Friday, I look up from my desk and there, standing in my doorway is this adorable, rugged, Western man (who we will call TB) who I haven't seen in months. He works with one of the contracting companies that we use and I have just thought he was ridiculously adorable since I very first met him.
Anyway, when we first met he was married. So while he was fun to look at, he was no-touchy. However, when I became Office Manager at my job, he called one day and mentioned casually that he and his wife had separated about six months ago (which would have been October-ish of oh-seven). Well, I filed that away in my little brain bank but wasn't really ready to do anything with it - mostly because I was suddenly immersed into my new job and didn't know my ass from accruals.
Since then, he and I have probably only spoken a handful of times and there has been flirting. The last time we spoke was the Friday of my Christmas party (the one for our store, not the region) and I mentioned to him that he should come. Granted I had only given him a few hours notice, but I was disappointed that he didn't show. Then there was the Christmas whirlwind and my trip to Dallas and honestly, I hadn't thought about it much - in fact, I'd pretty much forgotten.
Then, Friday - I look up and see him standing right in front of me and my apparently adorable new haircut. (I've NEVER in my life had more complements on my hair before!) Well, as much as it pains me to admit this, I was rendered rather idiotic. I pretty much just followed him around the office making work chit-chat and thankfully the Other Manager came in and so there were three of us talking. And then he was gone. And man-oh-man was I bummed.
And I was suddenly filled with the urge to call him and just ask him out. Just do it. But, as a chic, I am physically incapable of just doing anything. Everything must be thought out relentlessly until there is a reason not to do it. So, I called Snow and Fairy and told them both about it and then Other Manager and I even talked about it before, at about 9:30pm last night I finally worked up the cohones to do it.
And?
And I got his freakin' voicemail where I proceeded to leave a ridiculous voice mail.
So, yay.
Yay for putting myself out there.
Yay for dating.
Just freakin' yay.

Labels: , , ,

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 4:24 PM
| link to this post | 1 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer