Tuesday, January 04, 2005
It's windy...
Gray. Thats how it is outside today... yucky and gray and windy and bordering on cold. Serves me right for declaring winter over last night. I'm not fond of winter. In fact, I prefer Spring and Summer. Fall is depressing... while the cool that comes after a Texas Summer is appreciated, I hate watching everything die. Spring is so gorgeous here. Bluebonnets and wild flowers and that *green* that you only get with Spring. Makes the drive from home to work and back so much more pleasant when you really want to be snapping pictures of all the beautiful things nature is showing you.
Know what else I love? Chocolate Milk. WHY??? I am your basic H2O girl. I love my water, drink water all day and night... But, for some reason, about two weeks ago, I decided I wanted some chocolate milk and now I'm like an addict. I just buy a whole gallon of milk to take to work and a bottle of the syrup and drink it with lunch, like I am four. On the plus side, I guess I am getting some calcium and what with being a chic and all the impending threats of osteoperosis, that could be a good thing.
It's funny, getting older. Suddenly things I never paid a split second of attention to become important. Like my skin. I have always been really lucky that I have good skin. My brother had horrible acne when he was in highschool and while I felt bad for him and expressed my sympathies, I was deep down thanking my lucky stars that I don't have acne (and I think Ruthie was too). What I am getting though are wrinkles. Under my eyes, the ones that turn into crow's feet. Oh, I hate them, hate them, hate them! There's a song... Let me see if I can remember it... Ok, Martina McBride (note- I don't listen to country for those of you who were wondering, however, they play this one on the non-country stations as well) sings it and there is a chorus in there that goes like this:

This is for all you girls, about forty-two.
Tossin' pennies into the fountain of youth.
Every laugh, laugh line on your face,
Made you who you are today.
Now that's all peachy and sweet, but it still doesn't make me love my wrinkles.
But wrinkles aren't the only thing, suddenly eating right becomes important (I'm not yet sure why... could be the hypnotism or something)... My conscience kicks on and tells me in a loud declaring voice that I need to NOT eat that cheeseburger and should instead order the salad... And you know what??? I DO! That evil little man in my head has way to much control... I think I need to serve him an eviction notice :P

Back to work! Thanks for the comments guys!

Have a nice day,
Kate

Labels: ,

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 10:36 AM
| link to this post | 1 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer