Friday, January 14, 2005
Therapeutic release via storytelling... (part two)
The next week, I called to tell him I had canceled my order and that the box would not be coming as I had originally planned. He said he had googled me. He flirted, I flirted back. He asked me to lunch... no wait, he asked "why haven't we ever had lunch together?" I thought I was cool in my response, "because you've never asked me..." This threw him off and I loved that it did. The call ended and he called me the next day for lunch, I accepted. I was nervous, why do we get nervous? Who knows, but I was. I met him in the employee parking lot and climbed into his white camaro.... leather seats, stick shift - guy's car. We drove to a nice restaurant near the dealership and went in. He ordered chicken-fried steak, I ordered a salad. Now I think it is important to mention that I genuinely LIKE salads, so I wasn't doing it to behave like your typical chic.
Then it started. We talked. He was nervous, you can tell because he bounces his leg when he is nervous. It's like a flashing light goes off. He bounced his leg as we chatted. He talked as much as I did so I have no idea how he ate all of his food while I ate less than a fourth of mine. You know how you just know you like a person, ten minutes and you think god, I really like this person! Yeah, it was like that. I was already looking forward to seeing him again because we just clicked. He liked stuff that I liked and visa versa. We meshed so well. I brought up my kids pretty quick, I try to not ever leave that to the last minute. Get it out in the open ASAP. He didn't even flinch. Three girls usually makes a guy flinch. No he one-upped me, he likes kids, wants five! lol I laughed outloud, five! No, you do not...
After lunch, we went back to the dealership. He said thanks, I said thanks and back to work we went. I was smiling when I came into the building and I may still have been smiling when I left it 4 hours later...That was the beginning. We went out with friends soon there after. Bowling, I think... There was a lot of alcohol involved and I hadn't drank in awhile so I was fully susceptible to it's evils. He bought my drinks, I remember that and I remember thinking that he wasn't just there as a friend if he was buying my drinks. After the bowling alley we went to some bar somewhere and drank more and eventually to someone's house so everyone could sober up before heading home. On the way to the house, we stopped for gas and probably more alcohol, although I doubted any of us needed any. The two friends with us went inside, Mr. I and I stayed in the car. We were talking, I had been flirting and touching his arm and knee through out the night. He was slightly less inhibited with the alcohol in his system. He kissed me and surprised me all in one breath. I would find myself sleeping with him before the night is over.
After we had slept together, I knew he had regretted it. This is a man who believes in his faith and who has, like so many others, been brought up to think that sex is something to only be had with in marriage. I felt slightly guilty but not to blame since he had been the initiator. I was actually mentally evaluating him. Was he someone I wanted to date for a long period of time, was he a FWB, what was he? I settled on someone I liked and wanted to continue to sleep with. He asked me to the movies, more than once and I went more than once. He never tried to pull the stuff you are supposed to pull in movie theatres. He didn't grab my hand or start making out with me. He bought my ticket and we watched the movie. This was fine with me because I am not 15 and I like being able to watch a movie with someone with out them groping me. But the second time he dropped me off, he kissed me hard and then laughed as I walked away. When I asked him what he was laughing about he said I made him nervous. HA! I am 5'6" on a good day and I am making this 6'2" guy nervous? How, I asked him... He just twirled my hair between his fingers and said I just did.

part three...

Labels: , ,

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 7:41 AM
| link to this post | 1 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer