Friday, June 10, 2005
My daughter, Emilee (two)

Emilee



So, you can see, her mind is advanced. It’s actually interesting to watch her because you can see her think. You can ask her something and her eyes just kind of glaze over so slightly as she retreats into her mind to figure out what you’ve asked her. Some people who have met her have thought that she doesn’t listen, but really when you talk to her, she doesn’t hear you. She is buried in thought and you have to bring her back to get her attention. She loves to read and play cards. And you know those string tricks you can do? OMG, she can do those so fucking fast that it freaks me out.
Anyway, that would be enough. Having her be very smart would be an accomplishment in itself. However, it doesn’t even begin to end there.

She is also beautiful. Now, I know that every parent thinks that their child is the most stunning creature to walk the Earth, but she really is gorgeous. Where as Amanda looks just like me, Emilee is the spitting image of her father. And for all of his faults, AZ was a very good looking guy. She is blonde, blue eyed, tall, tanned, and she has one of those bodies already where she can eat and eat and eat and she is barely at the average weight for her age.

But more than that, more than being smart and pretty, she has such a good heart. Growing up, she and Amanda rarely fought because she would so much rather surrender to make the other person happy. She wants everyone to be happy; she is very selfless. She will offer to help, give you her toys, hug you when you are sad, compliment you for no reason. I would love to take the credit for this, say that it is some part of my excellent parenting skills, but I cannot because she is this way because she chooses to be and not because I have ingrained into her these traits. She is a good person, inside.

And the last thing that I will mention… When I met Veronique, I knew she had something. Something inexplicable. Something inside of her that attracted other people and that, when mixed with her also being a good person, was so captivating. Emilee has this, she has that light, that vibe, that something that makes you want to be around her. That goodness… there is no word for what it is. No way to describe it, only once you’ve met someone like this you just know. She has all kinds of friends. She has fifth graders come and hug her when we are at the grocery store. She knows more adults than I do. She will wave at people when we drive by them. She is happy and good inside... It's so pure and so genuine that you have to love her. You can't help it.


I'm very happy that she is my daughter and exceedingly proud of her every day. I just wanted to share that with ya'll.

~Kate
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 5:10 AM
| link to this post | 0 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer