Wednesday, June 08, 2005
adieu to you (quatre)
I refused to believe it. I cannot still be that naïve. I cannot be that girl. That isn’t me. I don’t have on rose colored glasses or blinders or whatever. I am not still that controlled by emotion. No. No. Someone please tell me I am not. I have to have at least one god damned decent instinct in my body. Surely I can read people, even just a little. What were all the relationships for if I have learned nothing?
When I hung up the phone that night, after the tempestuous conversation, after the revert to friendship, after the reassurance that we would still be friends, I was certain that tomorrow we would talk and we would be normal. Why was I so sure? Because, I honestly, in my heart of hearts believed that this man cared about me, if on no other level then as friends. I honestly believed that. I should still believe it, but I must admit that I have doubt now. Why? Because out of the two conversations I had with him on Saturday, neither were reassuring, in fact both were strained. Sunday, I got the blow off. The I’m busy now and I will be busy later but I will try and call you… Then nothing. Nothing since.
So there it is.
I am a still a very stupid girl. I still believe the best in people even when they were using me. I still think that if I am not having sex with someone that we will be friends. How is it possible that in all these years and in all those guys I am still this uncultured in the realm of relationships?
I believed the best of Mr. I. I truly, deep down thought that he and I carried with us a special bond in our friendship that could survive the razing of our intimacy. Seemingly I was wrong.
So what happens now? Nothing I guess. Some of you with whom I have already discussed this have been all about me being angry, but I am not. I am disappointed. I am disappointed in Mr. I for not being the friend I thought he was but mostly I am disappointed in myself for the lack of ability I have in regards to judging people. I guess it is another notch in my headboard of lessons. Another wall the next guy will have to knock down to get anywhere near my heart. Another wasted year of my life on a pipe dream. I just have this bitter taste in my mouth because I don’t understand how I could be so wrong about so many people in my life.


~Kate

Labels: , ,

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 4:34 AM
| link to this post | 2 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer