Thursday, September 15, 2005
The girl has balls...

"Hello?"
"Hi. Is this [Kate]?"
"Yes."
"Are you busy?"
"Not really... Who is this?"

"This is [Mr. I's girlfriend]..."
Oh Shit.

That is how the conversation between she and I started. The number was marked 'Private' which I would normally not answer but since I have had so many calls today about business from numbers I didn't recognize, I went ahead and answered. The next thing she said was, "I guess you know by now that I know everything." Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God... -insert the shitting of many bricks here-
She wanted to make sure that the everything she knew was all the truth. I tried to back out of the conversation, tried to tell her that this was between him and her and that I shouldn't be talking to her. I felt like one of the lawyers on Law & Order saying 'I shouldn't speak to you with out my attorney present'... But she started crying and that brought out all the shitty feelings I had about myself. All the lying and deceit that I had a part in putting her through and I couldn't just hang up on her. "Please, just tell me. I just have to know if he has been lying to me or not." She said as she cried on the other end of the phone line. I lit a cigarette. I mean, what the fuck did I expect? That she would just drop it and not confront me? I confronted the girl that NY had been banging behind my back. I tried to find out what she already knew and she refused. She didn't want me to just say that she already knew everything, she didn't want me just to agree with his story.
So, I started by kind of defending myself. I told her that when he and I had started seeing each other that he had been single. I told her about the first lunch that he and I had went to and she said she had known about it. That he had called her afterwards and told her about it and asked her if it made her jealous. I hadn't known that. Then I told her about the movies he and I went to see together, she hadn't known about those.
His story was different for her of course. I was needy, I was pushy, I was practically begging him for his company and him being the good Samaritan that he is, he was just doing his civic duty of befriending the poor, sad girl. What. The. Fuck. Ever.
For every detail I gave her, she gave me one back. We were trading information on the same man who was lying to both of us. Most of you won't be surprised by this, but he was sleeping with her too. Since his birthday LAST YEAR. So, from October 2004 through now he was fucking both of us. I think that the previous sentence is used in Webster's as the definition of an asshole. She and I spoke for an hour and during which time compared notes and stories. For everything I told her he had said, she gave me what he had told her. We ended up taking for a combined total of three hours tonight. And believe it or not, don't hate each other. I apologized profusely for being the skank that I was and she apologized for the nasty things she said about me and the dirty looks she gave me. Although, I told her she was entitled to name calling and dirty looks sans apology for quite some time to come.
She is actually a very nice girl. He is actually a very big asshole. She was telling me about the way he treated her while they were together, consistently telling her he didn't like things about her so she would change them (like her glasses, she now wears contacts), picking on her friends, what she does with her free time. She admitted that she felt so bad about herself on account of all the things he had said to her. I told her that she could do better. And trust me ya'll, she can. This girl is very pretty and after our talk tonight, well spoken, smart and with plenty of back bone. I asked her why she was putting up with this crap from him and she said that she just kept believing him when he said he would change. How familiar does that sound people? How many failed relationships have we all been in because we believed the other person would change? Yeah. I thought so ;)
The person she described to me was not the same person with whom I spent time. I never saw that side of him. He never tried to pull that crap on me and in fact, if he had, I would have been over this whole mess a long fucking time ago. Besides the constant belittling and berating, I was also shocked to find out that I am officially the most gullible person on the damn planet. The guy tells me he isn't fucking her and I believe him. Someone come confiscate fifty of my "Cool Points".. I don't deserve them. When did I become such an absolute imbecile? It's official. No more dating/fucking for me. I just failed my Man Test.
Remember the other day when I said that this was a first for me (being dumped), well there is another first to add to the list: being played. God damn, two firsts from the same guy. If looked at in positive light, two birds with one stone :)
She asked me tonight if I would get together with him if they split up. Not just no, honey, but hell no. I just hope that she is able to dump him now that everything is out in the open. By the way, ya'll, she did find my blog while skimming through his mail. She told me as much tonight, so you guys can all tell her hello in the comments. Be nice, believe it or not, I like her. She's a good chic.
Ok, so my NyQuil is kicking in and I am not sure how much sense I am making anymore. But everyone lift your glasses (or medicine cups) and let's make a toast! "The reign of Mr. I is over. Kate is once again completely single!"

Labels: , ,

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 12:23 AM
| link to this post | 8 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer