Tuesday, November 29, 2005
post call commentary
I almost chickened out people.
No, seriously.
First of all, I came home and C-L-E-A-N-E-D. Being out of commission for four days and finally feeling half way normal again made me realize what a sty I was existing in. I completely cleaned my kitchen.
Ahhhh, to be barefoot again :)
So, since I was binge cleaning, the fact that I was going to be putting myself up for Rejection [dun dun duuuun] slipped my mind temporarily. It was awesome. But then, seven thirty rolled around and as I was preparing the girls for the big fight known as Bedtime, the little light bulb popped on over my head and the butterflies showed up.
Ok, how cool it is to have butterflies? I mean, cooler if you know that when you call a guy it will be cool that you are calling and not straight up piss him off... but you take what you can get right? Well, that's what I was telling myself all day anyway. I was all Kate, this is awesome. You have butterflies. You are nervous. It rocks that you are nervous. Even if he is all like "please - just lose my number will ya?" it's cool because you have butterflies. That last part was not so much on the convincing side, but oh well.
So, I put the girls in bed a little late at eight thirty and then head into the living room to watch crap on TV until they pass out. If you have children, you know why. If you don't then I'll let you in on a little secret. They will so think of exactly 4.2 million reasons to get up and ask for various things or come clean with some insane illness that they have picked up and it is a well known fact that children must pee and drink water 2.9 million times before they can actually go to sleep. I don't know why.

It's science.
So, considering that I know about the kid thing, I try and wait for the girls to go to sleep before making any phone calls that I don't want interrupted.
And all was good. Until they were asleep. Oh yeah, all of that confidence I had before when I was talking to Toddy or Jiffinner or TCL was suddenly hard to locate. Seems that you are reeaaal brave until it's time to actually make the call.
Stay with me here. I had played what I was going to say in my head over and over and over since Saturday night. That is forty eight hours, dear readers.

Forty. Eight.
That is so plenty of time to prepare and memorize. Yet, as I am sitting on my bed, with my door shut, hoping Ruthie can't hear me and then later make fun of me, holding my cell phone with my finger hovering over the call button, I am blank.
Blank.
I mean, I remembered why I was going to call. I remembered his name and mine. But that was pretty much it. I knew I should have typed it up at work today. Then, I would have had a reference. Plus, there are suddenly things coming to mind that I wasn't scared of before. Like, after I ask him and he either says 'yes', 'no', or 'maybe', what do I say then? Am I supposed to just get off the phone or make conversation? Should I give myself a ten minute limit and then make up a reason that I have to go so that I don't let on as to what a complete ass I can actually be when I am nervous?
So, I did what I always do. I said fuck it and hit call and held my breath.
One ring...
Two rings...
Three rings...
Four rings....
Now, at four rings, I am thinking I am about to get his voice mail and I am trying, very very hard to put together a message in my head that doesn't sound absolutely asinine and at the same time debating whether I should leave a message. Because if I leave a message then the ball is in his court and lets be frank here, I like to have the ball.
"Hello?"
And it's game time.
I will spare you the stuttering idiocy of the play by play here. Let's just say, articulate - I was not. After I made sure I wasn't calling too late, I did the whole I got your number from TCL, I hope that's alright thing and he said it was. But didn't just say it was, he was all like I'm glad you called. That gave me the little confidence boost I needed to stumble over inviting him out. So, I spit the invitation out as quickly and as pathetically as possible. I gave him the date and time and then waited.
It's that waiting part.

Yeah, it's like five seconds, but it feels like forever.
And do you know what he said people? He said he'd "love to"...

Oh yeah.
Said he needed to check the whole work schedule thing, but if he was clean then yes. So, I am like silently doing the happy dance (you remember the one Jiffinner? lol) and at the same time trying to think of something to say next... but, I didn't have to. Because he started talking. Asking me how I was, what was new. He was keeping me on the phone. And he did, for an hour. And at eleven fifteen, he said he should let me go since we both have to work in the morning but he would check to see if he was clear to go. I told him he had my number now since it was on his caller id and to feel free to call me (bye bye ball). Then he said he really enjoyed talking to me and then did one of my all time favorite things. Before he said "goodbye" he said "good night." I don't know why I dig that, but I do.
So, I tentatively have a date. Yay!
And now, I am so going to bed!
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 12:18 AM
| link to this post | 8 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer