Monday, November 28, 2005
so, I met a guy....
Ok, so it isn't like I just met him. I have met him before.... In fact, I think that The Cake Lady has been trying to set me up with him since Trin was born. (we are calling him "Snakeman") I guess the timing was consistently off though. In the last 3+ years, I have bumped into him at her house probably a half a dozen times and was probably only single and looking once.
Anyway, she had mentioned that he would be in town this whole past week for Thanksgiving (he lives in Austin) and that I should stop by. Needless to say, with my evil death sickness, flirting was just a little low on my "to do list" but when I talked to TCL on Saturday she said I should come by... actually she said "slap on some bondo and get your ass over here." Bet you didn't think she talked like that huh? What with her being all sweet and shit, lol. So, I said I would get Amanda and Emilee dressed and we'd come over and roast marshmallows. (Trin was already asleep, it was like 7ish.) Me: jeans, huge gray long sleeved shirt and my hair washed and down, but not with crap in it and zero makeup.
When I got there, TCL was at the store so her husband and I were sitting around chatting when Snakeman showed up. He sat down on the couch by me and joked with me and with Amanda who was sitting by me.
Ok, so I wrote this VERY long version of this and I think it might be just a little TOO long, lol. But, long story short, he and I stood outside and talked for a couple of hours and he was nice and funny. [Get ready guys, you are about to see, firsthand, how chics overanalyze every little tiny thing that you do.] There are these little riddle things on the underside of the bottle caps from some of the beer that they had there and whenever he got a new one he would stand like right next to me and hold it for both of us so we could figure it out. When he handed me something, he touched my hand pretty much every time. He kept great eye contact. When we were inside, he helped me when I was putting some things up for TCL. He hung out in the kitchen with she and I instead of eating in the living room with TCL's husband. Oh and he has two fucking huge dogs and when we were talking inside he said something to the effect that it would be interesting to see if his dogs liked me. When we were outside, he brought them over, one at a time and they both did. Which was relieving to me since I value my fingers, you know? He said he was surprised that the latter of the two liked me since he apparently doesn't like many people. Yeah, I thought it sounded like a line too :P
He asked me a lot of questions about the girls. Did the thing that everyone does where they can't believe how much Amanda looks like me but Emilee doesn't look a thing like me. And speaking of Amanda, at one point, I would have liked to have KILLED her. She was standing there munching on gooey marshmallow while he and I were talking and it was like a light bulb went off in her head. He walked over to the fire and Amanda looks at TCL's oldest and whispers "Is he married?" She shakes her head "no" and Amanda looks at me, completely not seeing the 'Shut up right this second or I will kill you' look in my eye, and she whispers "I like him Mommy."
Let's see... what else? He is thirty four, never married, no kids, great green eyes. He clearly envies what TCL and her husband have (and who doesn't? They are the epitome of happily married) and even said something about how he had left and moved to San Antonio and then Austin and hadn't found anything but that TCL's husband had stayed put and everything had come to him.
Anyway, when we left, I hadn't gotten his number or anything. I'm sure I missed a couple of obvious "ins" but hey, I had just came out of the coma like that morning ok?? What made it worse was that when I was walking out to the car with the girls, he was walking with us and he was saying all of the "I had a nice time talking to you" and "it was great seeing you again" stuff and I couldn't do anything because the girls were right there. And by the time I had put them in the car, I think he figured he had dropped enough hints. The entire drive home the girls are basically telling me to go by a dress and his and hers towels without my having given anything away to them.
Well, last night, TCL gave me his number and I am going to call him tonight and ask him out. Oh yeah, I am sporting some balls ;) So, wish me luck!
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 6:39 AM
| link to this post | 4 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer