Sunday, December 04, 2005
...and he calls
10:27pm
That's what time it was when my phone rang. I was sitting on my couch watching Closer. You see, there is a free HBO/Showtime weekend thing going on so I have my TIVO thingy set up to record a slew of movies that I haven't seen before. And while scrolling through last night I saw that Closer would be coming on and since every single person I know that has seen that movie made the comment "It was the most fucked up movie, ever." I, of course, had to see it.
So, at 10:27pm, I was about thirty minutes away from it being over and thereby confirming it's status of being the most fucked up movie ever when my phone rang. To be honest, since I have had to replace my cell phone, I haven't gotten used to the ringer it is set on. It is two high pitched short rings as opposed to the Switchfoot song it used to be. That said, when it rang, I thought it was the tv and didn't realize until the second ring that it was actually my phone.
Now, here is something confusing. When you call someone nowadays, you know that they have a 95% chance of having caller id since pretty much everyone does. And if you are calling their cell phone then you know that your number, if not your name, will appear on their screen. So, what exactly is the etiquette here? Are we supposed to pretend we don't know who they are with the questioning "hello?" or are we to say "hello." in more of a statement kind of way. Is it presumptuous to just assume that they know who you are on account of the aforementioned caller id status? Maybe I am crazy, but most of the time I do the whole pretend I don't know who it is "hello?" even when I have just read their name a few seconds before.
That was what I did when he called. I said hello as though I didn't know it was him from his name on my cell phone screen. He played along by saying hi and then telling me who he was. If only he knew that there is right now a shortage of men calling me and even sans caller id, I would have known it was him.
So, we talked. Shorter this time. Last time, an hour. This time forty minutes. Still, not half bad. We talked mostly about cars since mine broke down today. About half way into the conversation, he asked me what the plan was for Saturday.

That's right people.
Saturday.
As in, exactly one week from today, I will be on a date. Or at least, hopefully I will. It wouldn't be much of a date if it started at seven and I was already home at eleven thirty. Anyway, he asked me what the plan was to which I responded by asking him if that meant that he would be able to go. He said it did. He'll be driving down here Saturday morning and Saturday night, I will be out, on a date with him.
Funny how I'm nervous. Not like freaking out, hyperventilating nervous. More of a what the fuck am I going to wear nervous. Plus, I am always a little scared that I do great on the phone with a person, but in public we've got nothing. However, I don't think I have ever been more prepared for a date than I am for this one (the whole not knowing what to wear thing aside). I called and gave him more than enough time to be able to go. I played the cards right in regards to calling and then letting him call me back. We will be going out with The Cake Lady and her husband thereby insuring that there will be conversation and most likely it will flow easily and consistently.
It's almost too perfect a plan. Which most likely means that everything will fall apart, lol. Cars will break down, kids will get sick, panty hose will run. (**knocking on wood**) Or it could be absolutely perfect. I guess we will just have to wait until next weekend and find out huh?
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 12:00 AM
| link to this post | 5 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer