Tuesday, December 20, 2005
One Year Blog-o-versary
Wow. What do you say when you have been blogging for one year?
This is my four hundred and twenty fifth post. How crazy is that? But beyond my ability to average more than one post a day for the last twelve months is the fact that you guys have kept coming back to read them. You have come back 28,520 times. And as of right now, I have 2,220 comments in my comment folder. That is more than two thousand mini conversations that I have had with you guys. More than two thousand times that ya'll have responded to something I have written. You can't even begin to know how much that touches my heart.
When I started this blog a year ago, I remember thinking that it would be fun to try and write something that people liked to read. I had read a few other blogs and loved the fact that people commented on them and that they offered the outlet of journaling only with an audience. I have always journaled and I was one of those hide-your-journal gals. The idea of someone reading my deepest most sacred thoughts scared the holy hell out of me. But blogging was something different. It was like saying it was ok to have those secret thoughts and publicize them for all the world to see and share.
Before too long, I let it all out, let you guys have everything. Past, present and future feelings. I wanted to be all and everything that I am and was right here. Honest and free. It felt great, it still feels great. I love that everything here is raw and unfettered. I love that when I post something, no matter how big or small, you guys always have something to say, advice to offer, a shoulder to lean on, jokes to crack. But most of all, I love that I can write. There are no rules here, it is just pure outlet.
I have wanted to be a writer since I was a very little girl. I always envied girls who wanted to be something that could just be taught, something you could study and learn and just be. I have never felt compelled towards that type of career. I have always wanted to be an author, always wanted to see my name on the front of a book and know that I was keeping people entertained and that they loved my stories. I have written short stories and poetry for as long as I can remember but since having the girls, it was something I had to sacrifice. I had neither the time nor the luxury of financial freedom to pursue my writing. I had to get a "real job" and take care of them and write in the spare moments I could steal.
I decided a long time ago that when the girls got older and needed less immediate supervision that I would go to college and devote the time I want to actually finishing a book. Actually trying to get one published. So, I stuck my writing dream into a drawer and closed it to be taken out later. I was so scared that I would lose interest or ideas or the passion I have for it. So, I journaled and scribbled down ideas and saved them. Sometimes, I would start a story and after a few chapters, print it and stick it in one of the boxes of story ideas in my closet. I felt like if I just keep doing it when I could that I would be able to cling to it.
This has been my outlet, this has been what has kept my passion for writing alive. Not to mention that having you guys reading has helped keep that dream alive for me. The fire I have deep inside me to write is kept lit by your comments and by your showing up here on a regular basis to remind me that you care about what I have to say.
So thank you.
Thank all of you that have been here with me and for me for the last year. I hope to see you here when that little subject line up there says "Two" instead of "One."


so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 12:00 AM
| link to this post | 4 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer