Thursday, March 23, 2006
this one time, at...
So, I've told this story to a few friends and all that have heard it have asked the same question:
WHY IS THIS NOT ON YOUR BLOG?
Well, at first it was because this was quite possibly the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to me. With the obvious exception, yet omitted because it had to be done, of a dozen or so people watching me give birth.
Let's see if I can set the scene here.
After Triniti was born and but a wee lass (think: 5 months oldish) I had made the awful mistake of starting to have sex with her father again. Now before I go any further, I have explain the layout of my house. You'll understand in a few minutes. It was originally a two bedroom house but the owners had added another, very large, room onto it. They probably intended for it to be used as a larger living room, but I used it as my bedroom since there was more than enough room for all of my things and all of the things associated with having an infant. This room was set off to the side of the kitchen and accessible through a doorway and three stairs.
Anyway, I was having a party or something... I am trying to remember what the occasion was but I can't seem to. Anyway, there were people at my house. I know that The Cake Lady and her kids were there as well as some of the girls' friend's mothers but the exact attendees are escaping me. Possibly because I had completely blocked this out. I just know I was trying to look the Upstanding and Responsible Citizen part so that these moms would let their daughters play with mine. We had only moved here about six months before and this was the girls first year of school. I couldn't be that mom.

You know the one.
The one that the other moms think smokes dope and snorts coke off of half naked men while their pigtail clad angel is playing with my razor blades in the other room with my daughter.
So, let's say a half a dozen grownups were there and probably twice that many kids. Trin's dad was not one of them. In fact, I don't think I had even told anyone that he and I were sleeping together again yet. It wasn't exactly something I was proud of and these moms knew nothing of my personal life because let's face it, it wasn't brag worthy at the time. Well, Triniti had pooped and so I had taken her into the other room to change her diaper and left the other adults to entertain themselves. When I was finished, I picked Trin up out of her crib and walked up the three steps leading to the kitchen. I could hear Emilee saying something and then she started making moaning noises. When I walked into the dining area, the grownups that had been listening to her story were all pale-faced. But Emilee kept right on going, "and then she said 'OoooOOohhhh, oh yeah, oh god, oooohhhhhhhh' and I...."
OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD.
"Emilee, what are you talking about?"
"I was telling them about the noises you were making when I got up to get some water last night."
Not ONLY had she been telling them about the noises, but while I was changing Trin's diaper, she had also told everyone what she had seen when she had snuck out to get a drink the night before and wandered over to my doorway to see what was going on in my room. She and Amanda had sat there for several minutes before running back to their room.
My, then four year old, daughter had just acted out my part of a sex act in front of my friends and the parents of my daughter's friends.
For. Ten. Minutes.


editted to add that I just realized this is my 500th post... It would be this wouldn't it?
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 12:16 AM
| link to this post | 15 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer