Wednesday, June 14, 2006
those sad words
Break up songs, we’ve all got them.
That song, that when you hear it, it makes you remember the end of that relationship.
That one person.


"So why do you fill my sorrow
With the words you've borrowed
From the only place you've known
And why do you sing Hallelujah
If it means nothing to you
Why do you sing with me at all?
"


Oh yeah, then you remember.
You remember how it felt when you were near them.

How it felt when it ended.
How they smelled.
Just from a few lyrics, a few words thrown together.

"You and I got something
But it's all then it's nothing to me
I got my defenses
When it comes to your intentions to me
And we wake up in the breakdown
In the things we never thought we could be"


You can be taken back to relationships you don’t even want anymore.
Back to places you willingly left behind.
And you want them again for a second.
You miss them again.
Even if only for the four minutes of the song.

"And I didn't think about
All the ways I hurt you and myself
And I wouldn't say a thing to you
I keep it to myself in my mind
I can't stand without you
And I won't find the answers when you're gone
But it's over to you
I can't find the answer when you're gone
"


It’s as bad as that dream.
The one where you wake up thinking everything is back in that place where it was all right.
You’re back to good.
And then, you remember that you aren’t.

And you’ll never be.
And you don’t even want to be.

And I know soon you will be
Over the lies, you’ll be strong
You’ll be rich in love and you will carry on
But no – oh no
No you won’t be mine


When you have your heart broken, you want, more than anything, for it to stop.
Please, just please stop hurting.
The pain of it is all so very real.
And then, as it does, the pain fades.
The song though, it can take you back to that pain for a minute or two.
For a memory or two.
And remind you of the good or the bad.

Don’t think that I can take another empty moment
Don’t think I can fake another hollow smile
It’s not enough just to be worry
Don’t think I could take another talk about it
Just like me you got needs
And they’re only a whisper away
And we softly surrender
To these lives that we’ve tendered away
No I would not sleep in this bed of lies
So toss me out and turn in



You listen. you remember...
And then you play it one more time.

There’s nothing you can say
Nothing you can do
Nothing in between
You know the truth
Nothing left to face
Nothing left to lose
Nothing takes your place

When they say you're
not that strong
Well you're not that weak
It’s not your fault
When you climb up to your hill
Up to your place
I hope you're well
There’s nothing left to prove
Nothing I won't do
Nothing like the pain
I feel for you
Nothing left to hide
Nothing left to fear
I am always here

What you want
What you lost
What you had
What is gone is over
What you've got
What you love
What you need is real
If it's not enough
It’s not enough
It’s not enough I’m sorry
If it's not enough
It’s not enough


so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 6:58 AM
| link to this post | 3 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer