Monday, July 10, 2006
Angels in Oklahoma
pitt_comic

Well, I got the call from The Adjuster Guy today who informed me that they would be totaling my car.
For those of you wondering, apparently the reason that they are totaling it is because the impact was hard enough to set off the airbags. Between the fact that the airbags are expensive and that there is undoubtedly damage done to the vehicle from hitting the deer at a speed that would set them off, they thought totaling it was best.
So, they are sending The Focus to Oklahoma since that is apparently where cars go when they die.
Who knew?
The Adjuster Guy said there was in between five and six grand worth of damage to the car.
And even though I LOVED the Focus, I am a little relieved that I won't have to deal with all the "little stuff" that would have come up. And I am thinking the next vehicle will have a grill guard.
But now my lesson in Patience is kicking in as I will have to wait until the end of this week or the beginning of next week to buy another car.
And I am not a patient woman.
When the dude told me today that everything would take about a week, my jaw hit the floor.
A week?
What the fuck about cutting me a check takes a week?
*Deep breath in, deep breath out*
I don't even think I would really mind if I had rental car coverage.
But about ten days in a rental car at my expense is not my idea of fun.
He did inform me that my car was in "Excellent Condition" though and that I should expect a high compensation. So I am fairly confident that I will get back what I paid for it since I got such a bitching deal when I bought it. And it is only about a grand away from being paid off.
I've seen two people total their vehicles in the last year and both of them got a considerable amount more than I would have thought their vehicles worth. Jiffinner can back me up on this.
I am just hoping to get enough to cover half the cost of a new vehicle.
Which is possible.
So this week I am going to keep an eye on what my wholeseller has and make my decision.
I value all of your input :)
But, as much as I've considered the gas prices, I really want something that will seat more than five all squished up like. When I bought The Focus, I was desperate for the money it would save me in gas since my Chrysler was sucking me dry. I'm sure I was averaging something sad like fifteen miles per gallon. And I drive A LOT.
Now, I know the stigma that comes with *dun dun dun* The Mini-Van. And truth be told, the idea of being "one of those moms" isn't exactly making me jump for joy... but I am not stupid and I know that it is a good vehicle to have and very practical.
But damn it, practical just doesn't make me look all hot and stuff when I am cruising in it.
*sigh*
I am predicting much car talk this week on LOC.
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 7:08 PM
| link to this post | 11 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer