Tuesday, August 08, 2006
sigh of relief
I slept for thirteen straight hours on Friday night.
I went to bed and when I woke up my phone was ringing.
I flipped it open and saw Fairy's name and reluctantly hit "talk" to hear her say, "What are you doing?" Which is what she says every time I answer the phone.
Normally I would have said 'nothing' and not admitted to the fact that someone on this planet woke up before me. But this time I was so blissfully out of it that I actually said I was sleeping.
Know what she said?
"Oh my god! It's noon!"
And it was. 11:58 to be exact.
Of course then she wanted to know what in the world I had done to invoke such a deep and long sleep. Where had I been the night before. Who had I been out with. Why in the world was I still in bed at noon!?
The reason is simply: I finally bought a fucking car.
I was in the thirteen hour sleep-a-thon that can only come when the stress of having finally bought a vehicle after weeks of shopping has stopped.
It's amazing really.
And since it's happened, since that sleep, my life has started to feel a little more controlled.
Now, I can go to work and then come home and just be at home instead of being at home on the computer shopping until I am so tired I just must sleep.
It's nice.
Several of you called me or emailed me after my sad post last week and I want to thank you.
I really do love you guys. (Those calling internationally get special points!)
I'm still adjusting to this new life. This new world that doesn't involve unlimited internet access. But I am finding ways to make time. If you have received an email from me any time between the hours of eight and five... no, go look... I'll wait.
Yeah, that email was sent secretly.
So, treasure it and stuff.
I made nice with the computer guy who loosened the restrictions on my computer and then I sneakily sent that email.
Know why? Cuz I dig you, that's why.

I'm finding the happy coming back too.
Today, I actually drove around in my car mini-van with all the windows down and my hair just flying around behind me.
My worries are back to a minimal.
For the last month and a half, I haven't hardly had time for my friends or phone calls or emails. But I am starting to feel myself getting caught up so hopefully this space as well as the space in your inboxes will start to have more stuff in it again.

ps. Tuxbaby hasn't been able to get my comment box open. Have any of you been having this problem? If so, please email me: katehopeeden@hotmail.com
AND when I had my template redone, the right click function was disabled. I want it back. If you know how to fix this, please email me and I will send you a copy of my template.
Thanks!
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 7:34 PM
| link to this post | 2 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer